Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new PT145PRO. It has been to the range thee times. The second trip it started, fail to feed and a jam or two. I got pretty frustrated and decided it just needed cleaning. I cleaned it and took it out today.
First twenty rnds, no problemos. But after that it was very frequent. I had Winchester and CC ammo. No matter the mag or the ammo same results. What made it worse was I had just got to were I could hit where I was aiming. Called Taurus, It was a 30sec, rushed call and was told just to send both mags in.
I really did not have that warm and fuzzy after I hung up. So, I come to you for confirmation or correction.
I really love this gun! I do not want to trade it for a Glock 30 unless there is nothing else.

This is not a rant. I just think I may have new surf sinker.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
was it fmj or hp that you were shooting? i have 300 rnd's through mypt145 and only had 1 ftf which was a federal 230 gr hp. the gun was dirty so that may have had something to do with it. a quick pull on the slide and i finished the mag w/no problems. i was able to shoot a bunch more fmj after that jam with no problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FMJ. I can not figure why I am having such a problem. Look at the photo, does yours do this? Is this normal??

·
Registered
101 Posts
jart said:
FMJ. I can not figure why I am having such a problem. Look at the photo, does yours do this? Is this normal??
The "drag" mark on the primer is completely normal for PT145's and 24/7's. All mine show the same marks, as do some other brands of pistols.

As for the for the issues, yes it could be the mags, however, I have found that if you give the loaded mag a whack on the back to make sure all the rounds are seated good the issues to feed with my PT145 it seemed to be solved.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
yes my PT145 puts the same marking on the primer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just returned from the range. I only took out a box of 50 in case nothing improved. Of little faith. A whack on each an no problems. Thanks. I will go to the range one more time this week and if I have no problems then I will qualify with it on Saturday. If not I will have to use my friends Glock.
Thanks

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Are you trying different weight bullets, different manufacturers? This could make a huge difference and I would at least consider it.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
I had read that they had a bad batch of mags with several of there brands and are working to fix the problem I had one bad mag on my PT 1911. The good thing about the 1911 is the after market is unreal and mags are easy to find. I heard August was the time line to get the new mags in the system. Just what I've heard hope this helps :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts