Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put about 700 rounds through my 24/7 with not one problem. Now I am having FTF and smileys on the bullet nose. I have cleaned the magazines extensively and even smoothed the edges of the magazine follower with sandpaper. It happens with the first four to five rounds and then it doesn't do it with the last five rounds ( I have the 12 rd mags but only put 10 in ). Anybody have any good ideas because I am at a loss here. Thanks

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
How long have you had the gun... do you keep the magazines loaded? My first estimation is mag problem, and second guess would be springs that may need to be replaced?

·
32,785 Posts
Some gun writers expound on filling magazines to the limit allowed and then letting the magazines sit for several days to a week or more. Then unload them or shoot the ammo up at the range. This gives the mags springs a chance to get broken in.

I have had it happen, but with magazines for a different make of pistol. The filling the mags and then let them sit cured the trouble.

Might be something else in your case. Just something to consider

·
Registered
62 Posts
You did not mention the caliber.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
45 ACP is the caliber and something that I forgot to mention was that I switched to Remington Green box for this range visit and that is when the problem started. I have only put WWB through it and got tired of the excessive powder residue. The feed ramp is still very polished so I don't think that is the issue. I love this gun and want to fix this problem badly. Thanks

·
32,785 Posts
Now that we know what is being dealt with maybe the fixing or checking things out can begin. Mag feed lips,spring weakness, magazine release spring,operator grip and stance, magazine follower problems, ammo, break in period length of time, are all possibilities to look at. The FAQs have some of the info you might need to check this all out or need to know.

Since the 24/7 and the PT145 have some things in common checking old threads where others have had problems might yield needed info.

Members here can help as well. So where do you want to start looking at for answers?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought a 24/7 in 9mm. Today will be the first time firing this addition to my collection. However, I do have a Taurus 85 that I have used the green box Remington ammo. It is dirty, smokey, and is not as accurate, and more expensive than the white box Winchester rounds.

Just my humble, but correct opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts