Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the tcp 738 from my friend who needed the money. After I got it home I broke it down and cleaned it. The next day I went to test it. I noticed it kept hanging up. After looking into the problem I noticed it wasn't fully ejecting the spent round. I was wondering if the A series of these pistols are notorious for FTE.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Without information on round count, ammo used, it is hard to know what is going on. Take a look at the attached sticky to see if you can resolve the issue by doing these simple mods. If that doesn't clear up the problem, you have a life time warranty on that pistol. You can find a repair form on the Taurus web site that can be filled out and included with the gun if you have to send it back to Taurus for repair. Hope this helps.
TCP 738 reliability enhancements

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a well used gun. The parts to mod are already rounded off from years of use. As I said its one of the earlier models (xxxxxA) serial number. Any amunition I use it jams up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.