Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front site needed help please, does anyone know where to get new or aftermarket front sites for taurus m44 or what could possibly be used as alternative. It is pinned. It blew off on the first shot ever on brand new revolver and now lost. TAURUS has none in stock and no eta.when back in stock.

·
21,944 Posts
Even if they don't have it in stock, it can be useful to look at the schematic at Numrich. Here's the page for the M44.

Looking at that drawing, I'd bet most S&W front sights could be made to work. Like this one. You may have to fit the tab on the bottom of the sight to the space in the barrel, but that shouldn't be too hard. Then just pin it in place.

I'd go with something all steel and tall, rather than a light pipe or tritum, if this is your first time doing this. That way, if it's too high you just file it down. You can tap it into place with a brass faced hammer if necessary, and not worry about cracking a tritium vial.

If you had a location in your profile, and we could see where you are, you might even find a forum member who's done this sort of thing before and would be willing to help out in person!

I understand how frustrating this must be. You'll get it taken care of, with or without "the mother ship."

·
Registered
338 Posts
EWK Arms offers front sights for Dan Wessons in several configurations and different colored inserts. These might be adaptable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts