Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my grip too firm causing "shake"How much pressure needs to be exerted with the off-hand to steady the revolver?I do dry fire some every day and it seems to steady the hold some,maybe someone here has some helpful hints.M66 4"

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bisley57, The method I use is to form a cup with my left hand & push my right hand into it. Being right handed, I'm gripping the gun in my right hand. I grip the gun firmly, but not hard enough to cause shaking. We need to grip firmly enough to controll recoil, but don't fight recoil just roll with it. You will have to find out what works for you, it's a trial & error method. I push my right hand into my left hand while pulling back against my right hand with my left hand. You can try this at home. I only push & pull enough to settle any tremors & shakes, it's not a lot of pressure maybe 10 pounds & probably not over 10lb. I also cock my hammer with my left thumb, this allows me to cock the gun & fire a shot without disturbing my grip on the gun. This method will also allow you to get back on target very quickly. This is the way I shoot, I hope it helps. Frank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts