Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 24/7 40 a couple of weeks ago and put 300 rounds through it. I like the gun but am shooting slightly to the left of target. I looked at the front sight sight and noticed it was not centered. The positioning is off in such a way that would put the aim off a bit to the left. I tried to loosen the set screw and twisted the hex wrench. That screw would not budge. I then loosened the rear sight and moved it a bit to the right. I went to the range to zero it in and they were having electrical problems so I could not shoot. I know I can zero it with the rear sight but would rather center the front sight. Any suggestions or anyone have this same problem?
Harry

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know they are metric you might try getting a stronger wrench at a tool or hardware store. I'e read posts on this problem and it seems Taurus puts some kind of loctite on these screws.I saw were someone said they used a hair dryer to heat theirs, wouldn't damage gun but it could help you. Sorry I couldn't help more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hair dryer to heat it up might work. I will try it. Any other ideas to try let me know. My hex wrench looked like a candy cane when I was done. :D
Harry

·
Registered
50 Posts
My front sight was off to the right and my gun shot left.. I carefully heated the sight over the stove burner on low. I was then able to get the allen screw loose. With the sight slid out you will see a circular indention in the slide for the allen screw. On my slide the indention wasn't centered so the sight was slightly to the right. I carely opened up the indentation with my dremel and a cutting bit. It didn't take much, just enough so that the sight would center and no more. Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to try and fix it today. I will let you all know the outcome. Thanks for the help.
Harry

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heated it up a bit with the heat gun and it loosened up nicely. Centered the sight. I put the hex wrench for the front sight in my gun carrier so I can zero the sight at the range. Wanted to go yesterday but they were having electrical problems. Might be next week before I get it zeroed. Thanks for the help.
Harry

·
Registered
846 Posts
See told you this site is good I heard that hair dryer, heat gun from someone in here glad it worked for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts