Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a model 669 stainless with a ported 4" barrel and it is missing the sight insert for the front the orangish red piece I called taurus but they dont know what I'm talking about they say it is a sticker but its not the gun was made in 1994 anybody know where I can get one or what else I could use I realy dont want to send it to them here is a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Years ago there you could have an insert made in an existing front sight. A gunsmith friend did several for me. Yours looks like one of those. He has been dead for years and I miss the old guy. Wish I had taken more time to spend in his shop instead of working so much. Try Brownells tech dept, he probably bought from them. Maybe some of the guys here can offer more info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Call Taurus back.... you might have got an uninformed individual. I know on my .22 Model 94 it has an insert (not a sticker). I wouldn't think they had stickers in use back then either.... cleaning solvents would have removed a sticker.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I replaced mine with two Popsicle sticks clamped on each side then I added epoxy glue with glow green paint mixed in. It takes longer to dry because of the paint. I then trimmed with a shop knife. Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The insert is cast in place. In the past I have clamped the barrel in a fixture and made a dam out of an old soda can. Then mix a little fingernail polish in clear epoxy and pour it into the mould. Be sure to coat the mould/dam with floor wax to keep the epoxy from sticking. When the epoxy has begun to dry but is not completely hard remove the dam and use a razor blade to complete shaping the insert.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the ideas I also thought about getting some of that red liquad plastic stuff that you can dip your tool handles in

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Thanks everyone for the ideas I also thought about getting some of that red liquad plastic stuff that you can dip your tool handles in
That's exactly was I was speaking of! :thumb: And, if you can't get it in the exact color you want, you can still paint it with another color afterwards!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Thanks everyone for the ideas I also thought about getting some of that red liquid plastic stuff that you can dip your tool handles in
That's a very good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts