Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum even though I have owned a taurus of one model or another for the last twenty years. The g2 is my latest and I really like the way it fits the hand. The only thing I hate are the plastic sights. If they could have made them out of metal the gun would have been almost perfect. I am working on finding the best solution for replacement sights for the rear. For the front I have found glock sights will work with very little work. Attached are a couple of pics of my first trial run. It took about ten minutes to fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
I also like the gun, hate the sights, I have a lot of handguns with 3dot sights and these are the worst, you indicated that you had plural pictures, could we see the rest of them and hear the details of what it took to make the Glock sights work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also like the gun, hate the sights, I have a lot of handguns with 3dot sights and these are the worst, you indicated that you had plural pictures, could we see the rest of them and hear the details of what it took to make the Glock sights work.
I second the request

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
+3

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will take sight apart tomorrow and take a couple of better pics. It is just a matter of taking a couple of thousands of a inch off the length on the base of the sight with a small file. There is room for the glock screw and wrench to tighten sight down. You should be able to alter any aftermarket glock sight. You could find different front sight heights for adjustment of elevation. Rear sights will take a lot more effort.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will take sight apart tomorrow and take a couple of better pics. It is just a matter of taking a couple of thousands of a inch off the length on the base of the sight with a small file. There is room for the glock screw and wrench to tighten sight down. You should be able to alter any aftermarket glock sight. You could find different front sight heights for adjustment of elevation. Rear sights will take a lot more effort.
How is your front sight alignment relative to the rear sights on the front post you got?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did y'all have to adjust your rear sights. I had to raise mine as high as they would go, and still shoot a little low. I know this has been an issue for a lot of folks, and I don't have this problem with other pistols. I can hold a 1 inch group from 7 yards with the .22. I know i'm dealing with less recoil/muzzle flip, but I don't have any problems with the wife's TCP either. I was at the range Saturday and talked with the range master about shooting from a rest. They don't allow it during regular hours. It's a outdoor range, where everyone has to shoot from the same line, not individual stations like an indoor range. But he's agreed to work with me right at closing time this Friday.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I did play with my rear sights. I put the front sight on top of the target instead of underneath it, and that seemed to have corrected my "low" for the time being. I'm still shooting left though, pretty much with everything I own except the Ruger SR40. I'm pretty sure it is something I am doing, but I need more range time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I tried to take a couple of pics on the front site process. You have to take a few thousands off the end of the sight so it fits into the front slot of the slide. I took it off the portion of the sight that is on the muzzle end. There was room for the nut and the tool to tighten it the other way.
I think I might have come up with a solution for the rear. I have to buy a sight and try.
DSCN0321.JPG DSCN0322.JPG DSCN0318.JPG DSCN0326.JPG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have seen sights for Glock that go from .149 to .315 in height so you can taylor your impact point with your load of choice.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Am i the only one who checks this thread twice a day to see if you've made progress on the rear sight? :rolleyes:
Nope, me too. I'm not crazy about the stock sights. Some fire sights or tritium night sights would be awesome!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At least a week. Local shops seem to be out of every gun part. A lot of the items do not give dimensions on Internet so it is a guessing game finding a sight that I can modify . I have been looking for some used sights on the auction sites but most of the sights I bid on have a few more days left. then they have to ship.......The sight I think would have worked best you cannot find anymore. The MMC adjustable . I have a new fixed night sight that should be here on Monday

·
Registered
35 Posts
At least a week. Local shops seem to be out of every gun part. A lot of the items do not give dimensions on Internet so it is a guessing game finding a sight that I can modify . I have been looking for some used sights on the auction sites but most of the sights I bid on have a few more days left. then they have to ship.......The sight I think would have worked best you cannot find anymore. The MMC adjustable . I have a new fixed night sight that should be here on Monday
You do realize that if you figure this out you will be savoir to G2 owners.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am suprised no one else has done this yet. I am sure there are a lot smarter and handier guys with mills and lathes besides me and my hand tools.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would like someone to come up with a double action only mod for the G2. I think that would be a great mod.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts