Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several have mentioned the issue of the front sight of the PT1911. Some of the front sights appears to be loose or off-set. If you notice the sight you will see that the set screw is set toward the front of the sight... which is the correct arrangement if this sight were set on at PT24/7 or a MilPro.

However, the set screw for the PT1911 is set at the center of the dovetail.

If the set screw is toward the front of the sight, Taurus will replace the sight with the correct sight. This should handle many of the problem, especially from the early productions when it appears that the assembler used the wrong sights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the post, Cimarron, Do you know if this holds true with the night sights too? My 1911 has the tritium inserts and the front sight has the set screw in the forward position. I believe my gun is relatively new though.

Thahnks in advance for your reply.

Rick

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen the night sights... are these the straight 8 or the 3 dot style? How does it shoot... POI?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Straight 8's. It seems to shoot very accurately with a 6 o'clock sight alignment but all my shooting has been offhand so I can't be sure exactly where it's grouping. I'm pretty satisfied with it but if Taurus will send me a replacement front tritium I suppose I'd take it for safe keeping until I can bench test the pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts