Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went shooting a week or so ago, had a blast, came home a cleaned my pistols the next day. Made them all good and clean. While I was putting them up I figured why not get down a couple that hadn't been fired in awhild and do a extra good cleaning on them. So I go outside and sit on the deck with a light breeze blowing and relax into that little world we slip into while doing something we enjoy.

So now I am finished for the day. Put the firearms up nice an safe away from harms way. Take all my cleaning supplies out to the storage area in the garage and tuck them up on the shelf. And go about my business, all is well with the world.

Until I go in to brush my teeth later that evening. Seems that somewhere between the deck and the garage I sat down my now dried but ealier solvent soaked tooth- brush. Someone (I won't even guess who) found it and put it where I keep my everyday tooth-brush.

So I thought I would share one fact and one moral with you.

FACT: Solvent smells better than it taste.
Moral: Not picking up behind yourself, could in the end, leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.

·
Registered
848 Posts
There's one way to look at it. Since you used gun cleaning solvent, the next time you go shooting off your mouth you'll be good to go. LOL (not meaning a slight against you in any way because in my simple mind I thought it was funny to say that)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Well, some of the solvents and oils actually do smell good (in a guy-pleasing way), but I don't think I want to try consuming any! :D However, you may have hit on something. How many avid shooters would be pleased with a Hoppe's #9 flavored toothpaste? :eek:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I don't like what solvents can do to unprotected hands, never mind teeth and gums!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Feel for you! Done things like that before

·
10,379 Posts
::shudder:: yich. I think we've all had that moment of "Oh lord, what did I just do to myself?"<g>

Reminds me of the time I was at a party. I was using one of my empty bottles as an ashtray so I wouldn't be littering up their yard. Well, long story short, I took a drink out of the wrong bottle, pretty sure I turned various shades of green.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
231 Posts
Kinda like when I thought I was putting Visene in my eye. It was actually ear drops, the bottles looked very similar. Mostly isopropyl alcohol. Ended up with a chemical burn to my cornea. Talk about pain.

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Geez, I'm sure bacon toothpaste would be sooooooo much better!!!!

Bacon Toothpaste - Archie McPhee & Co.
It is not surprising, I took my Mother to Walmart to do her shopping. She bought bacon, then Spam with bacon, beans with bacon, but the strangest was bacon and cheese flavored popcorn.

Seems like they have found a way to add bacon flavor to everything except turkey bacon. Or that healthy bacon at Denny's.

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive intentionally tasted diesel, gasoline and jet fuel just out of curiosity but im not sure I would want to brush with solvent lol
I have siphoned much diesel in my past, and let me tell you, I far perfer the taste of the solvent.....it had more of a minty flavor.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It is not surprising, I took my Mother to Walmart to do her shopping. She bought bacon, then Spam with bacon, beans with bacon, but the strangest was bacon and cheese flavored popcorn.

Seems like they have found a way to add bacon flavor to everything except turkey bacon. Or that healthy bacon at Denny's.
I once tried that bacon ice cream I think it was at Dennys it had maple syrup and real bacon mixed in the ice cream.
It really wasnt anything special.
My roommate refers to himself as the president of the republic of bacon.

I have siphoned much diesel in my past, and let me tell you, I far perfer the taste of the solvent.....it had more of a minty flavor.

I have to admit I kind of preferred the jet fuel It was much smoother with less aftertaste :D

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Yuck, do you think it was done as a hint?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I accidentally drank dirty water from a fish tank. Let me say that I would much rather have brushed my teeth with Gun Scrubber.

·
Super Moderator
26,917 Posts
I once tried that bacon ice cream I think it was at Dennys it had maple syrup and real bacon mixed in the ice cream.
It really wasnt anything special.
My roommate refers to himself as the president of the republic of bacon.

[/COLOR]
I have to admit I kind of preferred the jet fuel It was much smoother with less aftertaste :D
Well we all know about your room mate after one of you previous posts!

·
Super Moderator
26,917 Posts
Gin and tonic with a splash of Hoppes #9, prefer it to Angostura bitters.

Lets see how much you know!

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gin and tonic with a splash of Hoppes #9, prefer it to Angostura bitters.

Lets see how much you know!
Let me see if I can recall, but I believe that is what the bartender gave me to cure a bad case of the hiccups one time....NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts