Taurus Firearm Forum banner

From the DUF gun blog - Detroit gun shop has pulled its Osama bin Laden skeleton targ

2K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  MOONDAWG 
#1 ·
Meanwhile: A Detroit gun shop has pulled its Osama bin Laden skeleton targets after an outcry by the the Council on American-Islamic Relations. The owner of the shop, Target Sports in Royal Oak, Mich., agreed to stop selling the item after a meeting with Dawud Walid, the executive director of the Michigan chapter of CAIR, The Daily Mail reports. After “an extremely non-hostile meeting” with the store owner, the owner promised to stop selling the item, Mr. Walid told the Detroit Free Press. The manufacturer, Thompson Target, will continue advertising the life-sized target, called Crazy Bones, on its website despite also being contacted by Mr. Walid, according to The Macomb (Mich.) Daily. The CAIR director told the Huffington Post that he was worried the target might cause gun owners to view any Muslim in traditional dress as an enemy. (No comment.)

Detroit gun shop stops selling Bin Laden targets after CAIR outcry - Washington Times

#7 ·
Can you expect any less from a group of folks who have a insane and extreme fear of women?

Reactions: Aljay
#9 ·
And pigs !!!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
Never wish anyone ill will but I hope the gun shop goes under because he bent over and took it from this jackass. One of the most hated men in my generation deserves his own effigy on many a target.

#12 ·
Wonder how well that worked asking Taliban and other Islamic terrorists about burning Bush effigies. I tend to agree. the LGS owner needs to go under. Odd thou, a defender of 2A but is willing to give up 1A

#14 ·
Does Denton have anything to worry about? Or, if the skeleton target is now considered paux pas, maybe he is safe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.