Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this recipe and just had to share it. Not the healthest, but it sure looks good.
Bacon-Egg-Pancake-Cups-369x276.jpg

Ingredients
  • 6 strips of bacon
  • 6 eggs
  • your favorite pancake batter
Instructions
  1. Mix up a small batch of your favorite pancake batter.
  2. Grease 6 molds of a muffin pan.
  3. Put a thin layer of pancake batter at the bottom of each mold. This layer must be very thin (about 1/4 inch); thinner than when you normally make pancakes because the pancakes will rise when cooked and with the small mold, you want room for your eggs.
  4. Preheat the oven to 170°C and bake the pancakes in the oven for about 3-4 minutes, until the batter is almost completely cooked.
  5. Cook strips of bacon in a pan or in the microwave until they are about half done.
  6. Line the bacon around each muffin mold.
  7. Crack an egg and pour it into the middle of each mold, inside the bacon layer. Try to take out some of the egg white, or else it will take too long for the egg white to cook and you may overcook your egg yolk.
  8. Bake at 200°C for about 8 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I take two!

·
Super Moderator
36,047 Posts
Yum, let us know how it is if you decide to bake them. It's reminiscent of Sarge's recipe of a couple of weeks ago, only has the pancake batter. If done with Canadian bacon it could be a tad healthier.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Does that come with a 25% off coupon on my next open heart surgery?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Ooooooh - yum! I think a little maple syrup drizzled over those would be JUST the thing to finish them off with.

Why'd you make only one serving? :D
Amen on the maple syrup. The guy who farms my in-laws Dairy Farm makes syrup. Since my wife and I own the property, we exact a tax of all the maple syrup we can use. I'm spoiled. I won't order pancakes or waffles in a restaurant unless there's real maple syrup. Our local high school band does a pancake breakfast every year. I bring a small container of maple syrup. None of that other stuff.

·
Registered
545 Posts
"POKE is our friend" Chris Rock

Yes Lucile, there will be BACON in Heaven.:angel:
"If Heaven ain't got no bacon, I ain't goin'".

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Just got a strange feeling in my arteries

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Any recipe that starts with bacon is alright with me.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I know everything there is to know about the bacon business. Theres shrimp wrapped bacon, bacon on burgers, bacon and pancakes, chicken fried bacon, bacon in your beans, bacon on the side, bacon and taters, bacon bits.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Sarge, you had better get to cooking, cause looks like MissKitty has one up on you here!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
26,966 Posts
Just to officially inform you:
All recipes I find on here will be confiscated, without warning and used in the TA.net Cookbook!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the recipe MissKitty, I sniped it and put it in my book. Hope your new female oriented forum takes off I for one think it was a great idea.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts