Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I may not be a good Taurus owner. I don't feel defensive about buying a PT1911. I bought a PT1911 because I liked the feel and the price. I don't know much about 1911's that didn't come out of a military arms room rack, so I can't judge the PT1911 against "better" pistols. What I know about the one I own is that it feels better with Hogue wraparounds than the original grips. It has no problems with the Taurus mags or the two I bought for $20, including 50 rounds of ammo. All four mags will feed rounds when the slide cycles. All rounds have fired when I pull the trigger and the next round is chambered. If I pull the trigger properly the round goes where I've pointed the pistol (usually close to the 10 ring at 15 yards). It has done this for about 800-1000 rounds. When I clean the pistol, I don't find any unusual wear or parts out of alignment. I rather expect the pistol to keep doing what it does for quite some time.

Can't work up the energy to be defensive about owning a pistol that works.

·
Registered
162 Posts
J. Edward Demming, one of the quality guru's said "In God we trust, all others bring data." Seems that most of the bashers don't bring much in the way of data. I've asked a few folks who post "X is a terrible gun, stay away" type remarks for specifics. I don't get any answers. Most of the folks who own a PT1911 seem to like it. I bought mine at a gun show. The dealer had several that disappeared rapidly. I've also noticed the asking price has gone up since I bought mine. I noticed the GT link got quiet after a poster presented a few facts, all positive.

I own a PT1911. The only thing I've wanted to change is the grips. It took me 4-5 rounds to adjust to the sights. I have had no mechanical problems. It shoots accurately and reproducibly except for one box of Independence 230gr FMJ. I can't tell you how it shoots at under 15 yards because I've only shot it at 15 and 25 yards and it has done well. If this is a gun with a bad reputation, I think I'll buy more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.