Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read good things on other forums I browse so I picked up a small container of the paste to try it out. Anybody else have any experience (good or bad) with the stuff?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I know that a few folks here have used it, and have positive reviews. In fact, this is where I first heard of it.
I'm anxious to hear your experiences with it, as I am thinking about sending off for some.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
I have a bottle of this green liquid stuff called Frog Lube, I have not tried it yet. I need to check on the prices, I hate when I try and like something I can't afford!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I have a bottle of this green liquid stuff called Frog Lube, I have not tried it yet. I need to check on the prices, I hate when I try and like something I can't afford!
It does seem to be a bit on the pricey side. However, if it lives up to the hype, might be worth it.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
It does seem to be a bit on the pricey side. However, if it lives up to the hype, might be worth it.
Back in Nov someone gave me a bottle. I have not tried it. I have read good things about it. The person who gave it to me said he could not afford it so it made me wonder.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The four-once jar of paste that I got was $11 so it's definitely not the cheapest stuff, but if it's good, I'll keep getting it.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The four-once jar of paste that I got was $11 so it's definitely not the cheapest stuff, but if it's good, I'll keep getting it.
And, from the video on their website, it looks like a little goes a long way.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And, from the video on their website, it looks like a little goes a long way.
I just cleaned three guns, two handguns and a rifle, and you can hardly tell by looking at the container. It'll last a looooooong time. As for its cleaning properties, I'd say it handled things pretty well. I guess I missed a spot or two the last time I cleaned my guns, which was longer ago than I'd care to admit, but the FrogLube cleaned everything perfectly. I just finished with that so I haven't gotten a chance to check out how well my guns will run with it, but so far I'm impressed by the cleaning aspect.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I have the paste and using on my new PT111 & PT140 G1's - can't say yea or nay yet, but a little goes a long way and it stays where put until wiped off. It did do a fairly good job of cleaning the SS slide exterior of the Taurus preservative goop.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
OK, question for y'all who have it - can you get a "starter kit", like what is shown in the demonstration video? Looked like a small bottle of liquid, paste, a brush, and microfiber rag in a plastic bag. I didn't notice anything like that in the "products" section on their website.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
That frog lube must be good, however it is too rich for my blood.. ;0

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been wondering myself as i hear nothing but good things... I guess I'll try one of thees kit when i run out of #9

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Thanks for the links, Wino!
Guess I'll have to check this out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been using Frog lube since last fall and I love it. I havent used the paste, just the lube and I only use it for final lube after cleaning. It works wonders, doesnt gum up and as mentioned earlier, a little goes a long way. What I found works best is to dab a drop or two on your finger, then run over all the parts you want lubed. Leaves just a thin coat with little waste. You do want to shake it before each use as it tends to seperate a little bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts