Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the sportsman's guide has Frogg Toggs All Sports suits for $29.97 ($35.46 with shipping), which I thought was a pretty good price, so I ordered a set. I have to say, this is a pretty nice rain suit. The material is made out of three layers of polypropylene so it's breathable, and it kind of reminds me of the old NBC suits the army had - only not as heavy. The breathable part is a biggie. I used to buy the bright yellow PVC rain suits, and if you work hard enough in them they'll start raining on the inside. Plus they tear, and never lasted me longer than a June frost. This looks much more durable, and the fit is a whole lot better. Looks like it would work well for hunting too as it isn't the plasticky kind of material that makes a lot of noise when you walk through brush. Should be pretty quiet. I wouldn't use this particular suit for motorcycling as it doesn't have anything to hold the waist of the jacket down, but for walking around kind of activities this thing should be great. So if you sometimes find yourself having to do stuff in the rain, this might be something you'll want to look into - Frogg Toggs

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I've always thougt about getting a set for wearing in wet weather while riding my motorcycle. Most of the motorcylcle mags have given them a big thumbs up over the years. When my current set wears out we will have to see....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Frog Toggs are awesome, best piece of weatherproof gear I've ever owned. 3 years and still going strong!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Frogg Toggs have been my choice of rain gear on my Motorcycle for years. Very packable and lightweight. Love em!

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Thanks for the link I need a new set of rain gear.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's a great price. I'm already on my second suit. The first one lasted for many years, I think about ten, mostly worn in bad weather on a motorcycle. After a ton of miles, the outer finish sort of disintegrated and wouldn't repel water anymore. The new suit looks like it may even be better built than the first one.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I have a set of Frog Toggs 3 years old, i have worn them golfing and hunting during rain,and as a windbreaker they work great.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The suit that sportsman's guide is selling is different than the one's Frogg Togg's sells for motorcycles. There's no closure around the bottom on this particular suit. Might work okay with a sofa-glide if you've got upper and lower wind screens, but if you've got a lot of air going past you'd probably get wet around the middle. I used to run a flatbed, and unloading that thing in the rain was always fun. One of these would have worked great for that activity.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I have a set. Didn't use it much last year.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I've had a set of Frog togs in my boat for years. Great gear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts