Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I have a gun on layaway at my local gun shop and was on my way to pick it up. I've bought two from them this month. They closed at 7:00pm, so I call and tell them I'll be there at 7:10. The manager says well he's not staying and I have to pick it up tomorrow. OK, I'm nit picking but damn, they couldn't wait ten minutes? If you guys really love me, be friends with me on Facebook so you can post your displeasure at the service.
Carolina Sporting Arms
Try to find me. https://m.facebook.com/martindrye
My name on Facebook is Lake Speed

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Look I know I'm in the minority here lol. It's not like I wanted them to stay over ten minutes so I could come buy a baseball cap. I'm spending a lot of money and driving 45 minutes to get there. I would understand if it we're a small shop with just one or two employees, but it's a large shop with multiple employees. Anyway, it just annoyed me. 😊
I JUST WANTED MY GUN! 😢

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Reactions: Armijager

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I don't understand.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't understand.
Hey buddy, I had a gun on layaway at this shop. My second one this month. I called them at 6:25 and told them I was on the way to pick this one up but couldn't get there until about ten minutes after closing time. They refused to wait for me. That's it. I was just hoping for some support to tell them on their Facebook page how disappointed we were. No biggie

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Hey buddy, I had a gun on layaway at this shop. My second one this month. I called them at 6:25 and told them I was on the way to pick this one up but couldn't get there until about ten minutes after closing time. They refused to wait for me. That's it. I was just hoping for some support to tell them on their Facebook page how disappointed we were. No biggie
I had that same problem at my bank, I was late 5:05! Bastards!:mad:

·
Registered
337 Posts
maybe he had somewhere to be. maybe the owners of the store wont allow staff to stay late. maybe the lease on the shop prevents them from doing business after 7pm. there could be many valid reasons for not waiting 10 minutes

·
32,496 Posts
Like the German butcher was heard to say, "It could be wurst."

Just think what would have happened if the NICS check came back a no go.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe he had somewhere to be. maybe the owners of the store wont allow staff to stay late. maybe the lease on the shop prevents them from doing business after 7pm. there could be many valid reasons for not waiting 10 minutes
The reason given me over the phone was, "no we won't wait", or else I would have understood.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
It's possible he's waited late on numerous occasions for people that don't show up and just won't do it any more. Hours are set for a reason, and he'd probably have to wait for you to do the financials for the day. A LGS is a rarity where I live, it's probably a bridge not worth burning over this. I run a business where people no show on me all the time, so I can understand the policy.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
They should have waited in my opinion. Lake Speed and Carolina. Did you race NASCAR? On my way to Facebook.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Could it be an insurance thing? Maybe, given that they sell firearms. I don't know. Of course, if it was, he could have just said so. As a small business man, I wait if I can, don't if I cannot. I usually offer that "I can't stick around late; I have to be somewhere," and nothing more than that.

But I can understand your frustration, being that it is a drive for you to get there . . .

1 - 20 of 46 Posts