Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going over Friend of the Court paperwork to help a friend get ready for his child custody hearing and noticed this question.

What religion do you practice with your child?

Why would they want to know that? Can anyone clue me in as to why it's any of their business?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
" Big Brother" wants to know and to their way of thinking that is reason enough. Personally I do not feel that is reason enough and would tell them so.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I am not sure, but perhaps I should find out. I am thinking that it may be an issue if one spouse has a different religious practice than the other and chooses to use this as a point of contention. In other words, I am Lutheran, and my wife has no declared faith, and I don't want my child being under that influence. Just a guess.......

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I was going over Friend of the Court paperwork to help a friend get ready for his child custody hearing and noticed this question.

Why would they want to know that? Can anyone clue me in as to why it's any of their business?
This is especially puzzling, especially in light of the advent of this ridiculous "politically-correct" madness, which seems to try and stifle religion at every bend in the proverbial road.

J

·
0 Posts

I had a nurse in a Doctors office ask me the same thing ( she was filling out paper work) What Religion are you? I told her wtf does that to do with my medical treatment?
Why one religion will get better service,while another would be put in the corner for "comfort care" think about it.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts

I had a nurse in a Doctors office ask me the same thing ( she was filling out paper work) What Religion are you? I told her wtf does that to do with my medical treatment?
Why one religion will get better service,while another would be put in the corner for "comfort care" think about it.
That's just in case they mess up and you need last right's, that's called CYA. Just don't check the M Box or you might end up with a camel/goat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts