Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saved one....

PIG RUB.jpg

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
That's funny. Wolf1477 is bringing a pig to Sand Lake. My own reaction to seeing it from start to finish will be interesting. Watching other people's reactions will be interesting too.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"That's funny. Wolf1477 is bringing a pig to Sand Lake. My own reaction to seeing it from start to finish will be interesting. Watching other people's reactions will be interesting too."

Like this I hope....

Halloween Party 2007 012.jpg

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Those whacky Brazilians !

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
That'll get meat eaters considering the process!! Some great reactions!!

Veggies will go farther down the quinoa hole!! Don't forget to bury your leather belt and boots!!!

*I was surprised that they believed it at all!

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Now that there is some fresh sausage.
Kind of ironic...that which is stuffed inside the pig is now stuffed WITH the pig outside the pig. Almost as good as a perpetual porking machine.

Now if we can fine tune that machine to spit out the pigskin wallets. Or footballs, or something.

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
kind of ironic...that which is stuffed inside the pig is now stuffed with the pig outside the pig. Almost as good as a perpetual porking machine.

Now if we can fine tune that machine to spit out the pigskin wallets. Or footballs, or something.

bacon !!!!!

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
That's funny. Wolf1477 is bringing a pig to Sand Lake. My own reaction to seeing it from start to finish will be interesting. Watching other people's reactions will be interesting too.
It will be on video so practice now.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
10,379 Posts
It will be on video so practice now.
LoL and that's exactly why I'm going to try to beat everyone there, I don't need videographic proof of my incompetence!:D The .22 is all cleaned up and ready to rock and roll.

Piglets are nearing 80lbs right now, should be up around 150lbs-180lbs by the time we're set to go in two months so we should have plenty for everyone who comes.

Here's a pic of our dinner eating his after dinner treat...as you can tell, he's in no danger of wasting away to nothing. 6 piglets are eating about half a bale of hay per day and they each get about 1.5lb of custom grain from the local mill. I'm excited for this trip, it should be an excellent marbled red meat.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I want to watch so don't get there too early.

LoL and that's exactly why I'm going to try to beat everyone there, I don't need videographic proof of my incompetence!:D The .22 is all cleaned up and ready to rock and roll.

Piglets are nearing 80lbs right now, should be up around 150lbs-180lbs by the time we're set to go in two months so we should have plenty for everyone who comes.

Here's a pic of our dinner eating his after dinner treat...as you can tell, he's in no danger of wasting away to nothing. 6 piglets are eating about half a bale of hay per day and they each get about 1.5lb of custom grain from the local mill. I'm excited for this trip, it should be an excellent marbled red meat.

·
10,379 Posts
I want to watch so don't get there too early.
LoL well it just came to my attention that for a Heritage breed to hit it's true potential it needs to hang for 4 days before the cook, so it's going to be slaughtered and prepped before I head out. Now I have to see if I can track down an old fridge to use as a hanger/locker on the way down.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Take some pix or a video and upload it here so we can see where our food comes from. LOL

I used to butcher my own venison until I found out you can take the whole ungutted animal to the meat packer and they'll do it all.

·
10,379 Posts
Well, it sounds like the original plan is back in action. From the sounds of it about the only hanging I've got to do is for the cleaning. The extensive hanging time was if you're doing a traditional butcher. The other Heritage farmers I've talked to said they slaughter at 7:30AM and have it on the fire by 10AM and they turned out well, so we're gonna keep our fingers crossed as hauling a live animal is a whole lot easier than trying to haul a prepared carcass.

Reactions: Cariwine
1 - 20 of 22 Posts