Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear members opinion who've had experience with Freedom Munitions, both Reman and New.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'm about 2k down the pipe of 9mm blaster, no complaints whatsoever.

I've shot ~250 rounds of .223 blaster, again no complaints.

~125 rounds of .45 reman, again no complaints.

They're prices are steadily rising, but they're still a good deal when compared to others. I recommend them if you're looking to buy bulk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about 2k down the pipe of 9mm blaster, no complaints whatsoever.

I've shot ~250 rounds of .223 blaster, again no complaints.

~125 rounds of .45 reman, again no complaints.

They're prices are steadily rising, but they're still a good deal when compared to others. I recommend them if you're looking to buy bulk.
Thanks for your review, Shokr21.. I shoot a lot, so am always looking for bargain prices. I recently purchased a new Taurus PT 745 Mil Pro and have fired Federal 230 gr mostly, but have been having a problem getting it lately at Wal-mart. Tried some of their Tul-ammo at $14.50/50 rds, but have only fired 50 rds... thus far no problems.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Would like to hear members opinion who've had experience with Freedom Munitions, both Reman and New.
Prices are excellent, customer service is great, and very fast delivery.

I have purchased 9mm, .40, and .45 new, REMAN, and BLASTER, and ALL fed and functioned flawlessly.

FREEDOM is my 1st choice for bulk ammo. They are about to open a Houston location, so i will be able to pick it up and save shipping charges (but will pay sales tax).

Jack Ross often has lower prices, but delivery is VERY SLOW. I am still waiting for my .45 ordered in February (their machine broke down and had to be replaced), and my .40 order (in mid-March) was supposed to have been shipped in mid-April, but was not shipped until early May.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I forgot to mention to check the FREEDOM MUNITIONS Facebook page as they periodically have very limited time and quantity super specials, and a "Krazy" deal.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I ordered from them one time and there was an error in the order resulting in a shortage of product ordered. However after I called them the situation was corrected promptly.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have shot about 300 rounds of Blaster 3 special and about 200 rounds of 9MM Blaster with o problems. Good price and th shipping was not unreasonable. I will definitely buy from them again.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just an FYI Freedom munitions has a special going on right now for there 9mm blaster ammo 1000 rounds for 179.00

Sorry everyone my mistake it was a krazy deal for 174.00 it's over now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I have been looking at them real hard........
$10.50 for a box of 50 re-man. 380 sounds good to me. Good for the range. That will work.

After doing the math on the 9mm.......I can buy Fed 115 fmj at Walmart cheaper than Freedom's re-mans after paying shipping.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I have been looking at them real hard........
$10.50 for a box of 50 re-man. 380 sounds good to me. Good for the range. That will work.

After doing the math on the 9mm.......I can buy Fed 115 fmj at Walmart cheaper than Freedom's re-mans after paying shipping.
same here I found a good deal at reliant awhile back but now their shipping is double freedoms. When I pick up some 380 from freedom in the near future will prob, get a couple box's of 45acp and 9mm. I can find the 9 sometimes cheaper but then with the sales tax its about the same. Take a look a Freedom's Blaster training rounds, just blemished rd.

·
Registered
644 Posts
same here I found a good deal at reliant awhile back but now their shipping is double freedoms. When I pick up some 380 from freedom in the near future will prob, get a couple box's of 45acp and 9mm. I can find the 9 sometimes cheaper but then with the sales tax its about the same. Take a look a Freedom's Blaster training rounds, just blemished rd.
I buy this stuff often, never had a problem with it. I am always looking for 9 mm at my local stores and sometime I find it on sale, but when it is it's about the same price as freemdom. But the 380, 38 sp, and 40 cal I cant find cheaper anywhere around me then freedom. I'm at the range every week and run on average 200 rounds a visit so every little bit helps.

·
Registered
644 Posts
freedom has a 4th sale, using coupon code ( july4th5off ) gets 5% off. Not a real big savings, but everything helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
freedom has a 4th sale, using coupon code ( july4th5off ) gets 5% off. Not a real big savings, but everything helps
Just bought some of the 4th of July sale. I've been using "Blaster" in both my 45 and 38 without a hickup. As far as training ammo goes, I don't see how you can beat Blaster...bang for the buck. And, it's as clean or cleaner than any ammunition I have fired, including Federal, American Eagle, Independence, Sellier &Belloit, Winchester or Remington. In fact the dirtiest of the bunch, without a doubt, is Winchester White Box(WWB). I love this stuff!!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I got a bunch of FM 45 acp 230 gr jhp's, and they were pretty disappointing. I got an average muzzle velocity of about 850 fps from a 5" 1911. They say they do 890 fps, so that was in the ballpark. But when I put them through my PT145 the velocity dropped to 704 fps. I doubt that's fast enough for them to expand, which kind of defeats the purpose of a jhp. Just to put them in perspective, Winchester Personal Protection 230 gr jhp's are rated at 880 fps and they do 785 fps from my PT145. I figure the freedom munitions stuff uses some kind of powder that doesn't like short barrels. I also get a pretty snappy recoil and more noise and I think that's for the same reason - powder continuing to burn long after the projectile is gone.

They seemed to do okay in terms of performance from the 1911, but they also had a handful of feed issues. On the plus side it's some pretty consistent stuff, and the standard deviation was only 7.93 fps for an eight-shot string - again from the 5" barrel.

I'd say it's pretty good ammo for a full sized 1911, and even better for a full sized 45 ACP with a ramped barrel - like say a 24/7 OSS. Reason I say that is because, although performance was poor in the PT145, reliability was excellent. The feed problems I saw in the 1911 I'd never seen with any other ammo, but I shot some more through it this afternoon and it all behaved. But I think the bullet ogive liked the ramped 145 barrel better.

I don't think I'm going to buy anymore of their jhp's since I'd put them in a short barreled pistol. They'd be fine for target shooting, but I can find cheaper ammo that performs just as well for that. I might give their 230 gr fmj's a shot though. The price is right, and for pure target shooting I don't care so much about how fast the projectile is moving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't speak for the jhp's, just the RN ball-B, for inexpensive target ammo. For my PT745 defensive piece, I use Speer GD short barrel. But for target ammo it's great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts