Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I just bought a 24/7, and I read that you get a free one year membership to the NRA. How do I go ahead to sign up for this?

Thanks,
Kai

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Not sure but I have bought 5 Taurus pistols in the last year so I think I should get a 5 year membership lol

·
32,573 Posts
Here's the info. First. Did you download the PDF coupon where it is mentioned about free NRA membership at the Taurus USA sight? If not please do so, if you don't have one that came with the pistol when purchased. There are instructions on the PDF coupon. Here goes. Fill the coupon out completely with name, address,e-mail address. Fill in either New Member or Renewal box. Fill in as an Adult,Junior,or Distinguished box and choice of magazine. There are 4 to choose from. Then mail coupon and copy of the store receipt to Taurus International, NRA Membership Offer, 16175NW 49 Ave., Miami,Fl 33014. The rest will be taken care of by Taurus. Check in about two to three weeks after you mail the info to Taurus. Call 1-(877)NRA-2000. This leads you to membership account info at the NRA.Also check with Taurus customer service in at least three weeks to see if the forms were mailed by them. It can take 3 weeks or more for the paperwork to go through all the channels before you are notified of acceptance. I actually received my American Rifleman magazine first before getting my NRA credentials.Things may move faster than this.Slight correction. The tiny print at the bottom of the coupon states that the NRA will send materials from the NRA and it will take 4 to 6 weeks to receive said brouchers and membership card.Once Taurus receives your info, they in turn notify the NRA, who then sends you your card and brochures. Got all that? ??? Puff,Wheeze, Gasp for air. ::) ;D :) Wasn't all that hard actually. ;D That,that, that's all folks! :thumb: :clap: :yipee: :yipee:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find the PDF yesterday, so I'm gonna send it in today. It does state the gun had to be bought in 2006 though, but I'll give it a shot anyways :)

·
32,573 Posts
Talk to custmer service at Taurus to make sure. If the paperwork is disallowed by the NRA or Taurus you might never know it.It also says on the coupon if the paperwork is received before January 31st of 2007 then you might be in. Might as well give Taurus the call just to be sure.There are exceptions to every rule. Their NRA offer has been known to run year to year in the past, but again, there may be a stop point to the offer.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Printed and will be mailed Monday.

tman

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quick question guys, does an NRA mebership give you anything? I was thinking about subscribing here in my town but I don't want to waste my money if it is just a card. I know I can probably use the clubs and other amenities but I have never really heard what the NRA can do for you. I don't want to come off sounding selfish at all, im just curiuos.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You get a choice between two magazines.

The NRA gets an additional few dollars to help fund the protection of YOUR 2nd Amendment Rights.

tman

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
In addition the NRA lobbyists get to state that they represent X number of members (I think its over 4 million now).

I think that there are 4 mags you can chose from: American Rifleman, American Hunter, Freedom First (the political mag) and there is a woman's mag (don't recall the name). They used to have the American Guardian but that morphed into F.F. Too bad as I liked that one.

Steelheart

·
32,573 Posts
There are a whole litany of services and programs that one can get involved in. Go to www.NRA.org and check out all the programs. Training for rifle, pistol,and shotgun classes at different levels in each individuals state and area are available to members.They even have the location of different shooting events and calendars for them. There are other shooting programs as well. You can even get credit cards,insurance, rental cars, and travel discounts and a host of other services and benfits as well. There is even a discount drug program. For those who want to get politcally involved, the ILA or Grassroots programs are available. This is all besides being the 600 lb. gorilla in the fight for keeping and defending our firearms rights. We'd rather have an 800 lb or 1000 pounder. The NRA will become that as more members join. One does not see what the NRA is accomplishing in your area by sitting on the sidelines or joining and then sitting things out. Each state and region has NRA reps that can be contacted or would be happy to steer one in the right direction. They can put you in contact with sources, knowledge, or contacts if needed for almost anything related to shooting.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am sending mine in today!

Todd

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sent my application for free NRA membership in late Dec/06. Got my NRA membership card early Feb/07 and got my first American Rifleman last week. Also renewed for $25 for another year.

·
32,573 Posts
Here is an alternative and yes the offer stands by Taurus.

Call Customer Service at phone # 305-624-1115. Let them know what you need and they can either send you what you need to get the 1 year membership or tell you what you need to do since the PDF download did not work. Taurus has ways of taking care of this in other manners. That's why the call to the service desk will work. It is worth the try.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very good. Since I am a Life Member can I give the FREE membership to my son since he lives in the same house?
I ordered my Model 627 in 4" today, so if I could get something for free I would hate to loose it.

Rick

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes, it is now extended through 2007. I noticed when I bought my new Smith and Wesson that they are only giving $10 off for the year...

Anyway, it took about a month, maybe a little more, to get my membership information from NRA after sending it in to Taurus.

Todd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts