Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the local stores here offers free CCW classes 4 days a week, which I think is an AWESOME act for the public, and in turn getting more and more people who previously didnt plan to carry before into empowered citizens exercising their 2nd amendment right as an American, instead of a defenseless victim relying on others to keep them safe from the bad guys of this world.
Just curious if its like that in any of your cities, fee CCW courses being offered?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
One of the local stores here offers free CCW classes 4 days a week, which I think is an AWESOME act for the public, and in turn getting more and more people who previously didnt plan to carry before into empowered citizens exercising their 2nd amendment right as an American, instead of a defenseless victim relying on others to keep them safe from the bad guys of this world.
Just curious if its like that in any of your cities, fee CCW courses being offered?
None that I'm aware of.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I saw a report where a place in Texas offered free classes to Teachers and 400 showed up.

Reactions: aphdmansoc

·
Banned
17,345 Posts
You mean the Gun Store on Tropicana? Bob Irwin the owner is a class act.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Best I have heard of around here is heavily discounted classes for women. I wish I could find a place that offers that deal for the fellas lol but I really don't mind paying for a class where I could learn something. 9 times out of 10 I would pay for a class if I felt it taught me better than the free class (and it might not be better, I'm just saying "if") hope everyone finds a good class to take and gets their licence

CreekFisher

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I havent seen any for free, but i know that there are alot of people around who are somehow certified to teach the CCW classes and do so in their houses(shooting portion in the backyard). They are able to offer pretty discounted rates compared to taking the class at the LGS. The cheapest i have found is $30(you have to pay to get your prints done and pay the state fees), its around $100 at the LGS(they do the printing but you still ahve to pay the fees.

Id like to take mine with one of the guys that does it at their homes as i think the smaller class size will be benificial and allow for a little quicker "classroom" session.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
16,166 Posts
It is spreading all over the country? We are getting instructors doing free or limited cost classes, now to set them up and get them taught?

Charles Riggs KC3 announced a new initiative at the gun show today, and we'll be continuing with it on Sunday. For every $25 donated to this fund, we will give a FREE concealed carry class to any teacher who signs up for it with us. As of today, we collected enough donations to give a class to at least a dozen teachers, and we hope to match or better that on Sunday. So throw a few dollars into the pot to help us give teachers the tools, knowledge and understanding that they need to be able to defeat evil when it rears its head!

Our supporter and affiliate, the firearms trainers at Harmony Hollow, are the ones who started the plan to train teachers for $25 - if you're near them, see them for that training!

Rockcastle Shooting Center
Teachers ONLY Concealed Carry Class!

When: Monday, 1/21/13 at 8:30am - 5pm (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)

Special discount price of $45! ($30 off of normal $75 price)

·
Registered
479 Posts
We are starting to get individuals here in Arkansas doing just that. Get trained and give the CCW class at there home. One guy told me if I got 6 or more he would give us a good deal at 40 bucks or less and would come to us if we had a good safe area to shoot.

Reactions: aphdmansoc

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Free or low cost classes...TERRIFIC idea and good for those that do it! :guns:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.