Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went on the Taurus web & from the looks of the guns (some of the older guns are no longer offered) the frame size of guns like the 445 & the Tracker .44 Mag. are the same?
I'd like to replace the Houge rubber stocks with wood & was wondering if the Tracker size is the same as the old 445?
I'll bet someone here knows.;)
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got off the phone with Taurus asking about the 445 frame size.
The Customer service Rep told me the 445 is the Compact frame size, the same as the Tracker.
She said they have the Tracker Ribber grips available at $18. Pretty reasonable, but I'd like wooden stocks if possible.
She also gave me a few phone #s of stock manufactureres.
Once again I'm reminded if you have a question about a gun, contact the manufacturer.
They are usually happy to help

Taurus Customer Service
1-305-624-1115

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I have been searching for wood stocks for both of my Trackers; 41 & 44. No one in this country makes them as far as I can find out. Hogue told me that the grip frame on the trackers was short and narrow and they feel that it would transfer too much stress to the stock. Herrett in Twin Falls Idaho stated that they had never made a stock for any model Taurus and probably never would. There is a company in Germany that makes them, I won't pay their price for a foreign made product; I would pay the same money for a US made product. I'm still looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts