Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shooting the tcp 380, the frame pins seem to be pushing themselves out. of course I can tap them back in but is there a more permanent fix?

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
When they are sticking out, put a little drop of blue LokTite on the pin and push it back in.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I haven't had my TCP frame out in some time, so my memory is fuzzy. The front pin does go through the plastic and through metal, so if you pulled the pin all the way out you could use loctite when you slide it back in.

However, the rear pin only holds the sear and sear spring so that pin only rides in plastic of the grip. The rear of the internal frame is held into the plastic grip frame by a ledge. That is where a Taurus TCP differs from other pistols with the same basic design.

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Super glue.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
The pins on mine only work themselves out after many, many rounds down range, and they don't come out far, so I just tap them back in. If the pins on yours are coming out significantly, I might suggest a vacation to the mother ship.

Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Take a punch and punch the pin on the opposite end. If the pin is coming out to the left, punch the pin on the right. Of course, while it is in the gun, with support on the left side as you strike the pin on the right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or finger nail polish. Clear of course.
I do think that may work. I ordered a new slide stop because I took too much metal off mine so I will wait till I have the new one installed then put the nail polish on the pins. You think clear? what about black?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Loctite cures in the absence of oxygen. And sufficiently tight contact surface will work.

Reactions: HD-Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Take a punch and punch the pin on the opposite end. If the pin is coming out to the left, punch the pin on the right. Of course, while it is in the gun, with support on the left side as you strike the pin on the right.
I'm not too sure what you mean. They punch out easily from either side

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Are you suggesting that he peen the pin? Making the end larger than the rest of the pin

·
Registered
5,979 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,957 Posts
Whether you send it on vacation or not, please notify Taurus c/s. C/S only has knowledge of the ones they repair, when we repair the pin problem they do not have a record and therefore do not know the extent of the problem. For example if Taurus is only ask to repair 1/3 of the problems, the problem is three times bigger than they know. The problem will not be addressed until they realize the full scope.

my .02

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
If the items secured by the loose pins do not pivot, rotate, etc with one another you can replace the standard pins with the correct diameter / length roll pins. If you choose that option I would also purchased the appropriately - sized roll pin punch. And a roll pin starter punch is a good idea too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The clear nail polish seems to have worked. I also finally got my new magazine from taurus and it is way better quality than the original and no early lockback issues. This one is made in brazil and the one that came with my gun is made in USA.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Good deal. Nail polish is very handy. Especially when you might be discharging the weapon during a night on the town. :D

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Are you suggesting that he peen the pin? Making the end larger than the rest of the pin
Sorry I am late getting back to you on this, but yes, that is what I have done over the years. The only problem, if you want to call it a problem, you can only remove or replace the pin in one direction. It is a fix that will last for as long as you have the gun. You will not have to worry about the glue or nail polish letting go and the pin falling out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts