1 - 10 of 10 Posts

22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Super Moderator
27,406 Posts
Going to watch that on the dvr today!

· Registered
21,219 Posts
I like the comment that responded to his comment, funny.

· Registered
8,061 Posts
"Your grampie might be gay." LOL

I missed the first half of the show but got it in time to see Jesse do her stuff. I wish Hannity would have a:shut up and let her talk for while, and b: put a little more thought into his questions to her. Also, I imagine LaPierre was thinking he wasted his time agreeing to attend, since Hannity, at least in the second half, barely gave him a glance.

A few weeks ago I set up a display for my wife. I had a DPMS with a 30 round mag, a Chiappa M4-22 with a 28 (looks like 30) round magazine, my 10/22 M1 Tribute carbine, a Marlin Model 60, and a Henry lever gun. I asked her which ones looked scary, and of course she picked the two black rifles. I explained there was no practical working difference between any of them (except for the lever gun), that they were all semi-autos, and one needed to pull the trigger each time you wanted a bullet to exit the barrel. Magazine capacity? Well, the 10/22 currently has a 10-round mag in it, but I have 25 rounders, too. And the M60 holds 15 rounds, the lever gun 17. She's shot the Marlin and the Henry and wasn't the least intimidated by them. She was judging on emotions (black guns look scary), not logic. She watched Jesse with me and when the segment was over she said now she understood what I was trying to say. I think the sight of a petite woman showing proficiency with all those guns probably helped get the message across. I sure hope a bunch of other people wobbly on the subject of guns got as much out of it.

· Registered
558 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,406 Posts
As Whichfinger said, I wish Hannity would shut up and let people finish what they have to say. One of the reasons I can take or leave his show.

· Registered
4,433 Posts
...I wish Hannity would have a:shut up and let her talk for while, and b: put a little more thought into his questions to her. Also, I imagine LaPierre was thinking he wasted his time agreeing to attend, since Hannity, at least in the second half, barely gave him a glance.
I was thinking the exact same thing last night LOL

I'm glad he shut up long enough to let that last gentleman finish his comment (the Columbian born, ex-port authority officer). His
statement was more powerful than anything Wayne or Hannity had to say.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.