Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in one of our local Wal-Marts today at 1:00. I got three 225-round boxes of Reminton Gold Bullet. $11.17/box

When I left they still had about two dozen boxes in the counter. And the clerk told me they had sold quite a bit earlier in the day. This is the most 22 I've seen in Wal-Mart in over five years.

Just for grins I'll go back tomorrow.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,177 Posts
I always take the wife so she can enjoy the fun, limit 3 times 2

Reactions: bigC

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
You hit the jack pot! Congratulations!;)

·
8,814 Posts
I am jealous - would love to get a thousand or so rounds of Golden Bullets to add to my collection of 22 ammo's.

·
Registered
32,144 Posts
You may be in the Lubbock area, I managed to get 3 boxes at two Lubbock Walmarts this week for a total of 6 boxes.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was in one of our local Wal-Marts today at 1:00. I got three 225-round boxes of Reminton Gold Bullet. $11.17/box

When I left they still had about two dozen boxes in the counter. And the clerk told me they had sold quite a bit earlier in the day. This is the most 22 I've seen in Wal-Mart in over five years.

Just for grins I'll go back tomorrow.
I lucked into one of the 1400 round buckets for $70 back in June. They're not bad for practice. I had one dud out of a thousand rounds. Yeh, go back, take the wife. Before some reseller sees it, and sells it for $30 a box.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
gun show prices for 22lr - between 15 cents-20 cents per round. theyre trying to artificially push the price up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
its funny I was in a wally world the other day and a guy asked about 22lr. The clerk said yeah we get them in on a regular basis but they sell out fast. So yeah I figure the manager of this store has his buddies come in an grab all of them. Glad I stocked up before all of this madness

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I'm sure Al Sharpton thanks you for shopping at Walmart.

·
Registered
32,144 Posts
its funny I was in a wally world the other day and a guy asked about 22lr. The clerk said yeah we get them in on a regular basis but they sell out fast. So yeah I figure the manager of this store has his buddies come in an grab all of them. Glad I stocked up before all of this madness
In smaller towns, that may be the case, but I know of some outlying Walmarts around Lubbock that the manager takes them all himself and then sells to re-sellers. The four Lubbock Walmarts always have the same 10 resellers in line before the store opens the ammo department at 7:00 am, and all these people use the smart phone app. There are a lot of naysayers about the smart phone Walmart app, but it has worked for me very well. The icy streets slowed the resellers down this past week and three of the Lubbock Stores that sell long arms got in 4 cases each of 225 count Remington Golden bullets and there were still in some cases, .22 ammo until noon, but that was because of the icy streets. Normally, they would have been gone by 9:00 am and a year ago, by 7:15 am.

Our downtown store does not sell firearms and get 1/2 the amount of the stores that sells firearms.

·
Administrator
40,155 Posts
.22 must be making at least a little come back. Sure seems to be a lot of talk of people finally being able to find some.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Here in Daytona very little is available, one time saw three boxes of fifty sometime in Dec.

·
Registered
32,144 Posts
.22 must be making at least a little come back. Sure seems to be a lot of talk of people finally being able to find some.
I've never had trouble getting some! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts