Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been awhile since I've been on this forum.
This morning, I went to the range for the first time in about 2 years.
During the past winter months, I've been carrying a Colt Commander.
Here recently, I picked up a Glock G30 that I wanted to shoot this morning.
While rummaging thru my gun safe scrounging ammo, I saw my trusty old PT111 Pro in there.
I've not fired it in a long time. So I grabbed some 9mm to go with the .45ACP and headed for the range.
Had fun with both guns, but after that .45, shooting my PT111 was like shooting a .22....LOL :)
Took me about 6 shots to get back on with the straight 8s, but once I did, I had a blast.
I ordered a set of Heine night sights for it and now that warmer weather will be here shortly, I'll start carrying my long forgotten friend with me once again.
I can't believe I drifted away from such a sweet shooting gun.

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
I have a number of off duty conceal carry pieces to choose from, but continually gravitate to the venerable PT-111.

It's 100% reliable, compact, thin, light weight and with a respectable 12+1 payload to boot; what more could one ask for...
:icon_ lala:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Glad you're back!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome back.
For the last couple of years, I've been working over in south Texas in the Eagle Ford oil field drillin' for oil.
I love things that are so anti-politically correct: owning & shooting big guns, drillin' for oil, drivin' old gas-hog muscle cars from the 60s/70s... :)
Anyway, with working over there, I've not really had much time to myself to do any shooting.
And I know this sounds terrible and I hate to admit it, but I actually had forgotten I even owned that PT until I saw it in the gun safe.
My wife says when that happens, I have too many guns and it's time to sell some....yeah, right.
None of my stuff is going anywhere except with me.
When I left for work in south Texas, I just grabbed that Colt for protection.
It will be awhile before I get back home to do them, but when I do, I'll post some pics of the Heine night sights once I get them installed.
I was looking at the pics of the PT111 G2 and it looks great. Wouldn't mind having one of those too, but I think she'd make me sell the existing one first. :(
Again, Thanks.
LJ

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy! on the other hand you gotta make hay when the sun shines.

I have got to agree with the "muscle cars" from the 60's and 70's. These kids today wouldn't know how to handle one of the true muscle cars!

·
Administrator
18,414 Posts
Congratulations on rediscovering your PT-111! 8) :thumb:

Bought one last December and wish I had done it, sooner! Great Carry Pistol! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts