Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've seen it at the store but haven't tried any. Not a big fan of the "flavored" ones, but maybe I could pick up a small one and see how the sipping goes... Is there any "bite" to it at all or is it light tasting cinnamon?

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Hmm . . . Don't like Jack, and I find it hard to believe that cinnamon would make it better. But I'll try anything once, twice if I like it. Do you mix it? Cinnamint Julep? Straight up?

·
Registered
13,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's got a pretty good cinnamon taste to it. It reminds me of sipping "Apple Pie" Moonshine in that it could really sneak up on you fast. Now the bottle of Wild Turkey 101 that I also picked up does have more of an edge to it. I plan on using the 101 to roughing up the Fire a tad.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, I hope you fellas enjoy that JD Fire, I cannot partake in it for many reasons. If I could turn the clock back about 30 years, I would be right in there given it a try for sure. Maybe, if I only smelled it for a while.:shocked::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

·
Registered
31,903 Posts
I was on a cinnamon flavored whiskey kick all winter. I think most of the brands are only 70 proof. Fireball is a little less expensive than the Jack daniels and in my opinion, tastes better. Another I like, is Jaegermeister.
  1. Jägermeister is a German digestif made with 56 herbs and spices at a strength of 35% alcohol by volume. It is the flagship product of Mast-Jägermeister SE, headquartered in Wolfenbüttel, south of Braunschweig, Lower Saxony, Germany.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Gave up on Jack after it became just another gigantic anti compitition conglomerate corporation.

Now I drink spirits from craft spirit makers.

·
Registered
14,797 Posts
A couple of weeks back we picked up our standards, Vodka, Rum and a bunch of the little airplane bottles of different liquors. One of them was the Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire. Well, I hadn't tasted it until I saw this thread. It's got a very pronounced Sweet Cinnamon flavor, similar to Hot damn Schnapps. It's very hard to actually taste the JD. Good flavor, thinner than Schnapps so overall I'd say it was pretty good. It would be great with some apple liquors to give you that cinnamon apple flavor.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It reminds me of sipping "Apple Pie" Moonshine in that it could really sneak up on you fast.
I had some apple pie shine and I couldn't stand it, it was about as bad as the moonshine you can buy at liquor stores. The 120 proof cherry shine I've had on the other hand...apparently I was the only person that asked for another drink of it. :D

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I like it.

Its good to have a glass and sit out back.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Used to like Sailor Jerry's until they messed with the recipe. Now it has no character and tastes like any other light rum. Will look out for this bourbon, not sure if it is in the UK yet.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Fireball whiskey is very good and popular. This is Jack Daniels version of it. It is good, but I prefer my whiskey and bourbons a bit more traditional.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I don't like flavored beer or liquor and will not drink that crap....

Barf.jpeg

Reactions: lwb92af and jonrjen

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
I've had a bottle of Fireball for some time. Not much into "trendy", but will say it was better than cough syrup during a head cold this past winter. While I like Beam, Jack, Maker's, I've turned to Texas only whisky and bourbon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts