Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've been waiting for seems an eternity to purchase a polymer judge. The weight and price point are selling points for me. Weight, because it will be a CC gun, and price because I'm a father of 3. Say no more, right?!

Anyway, a local pawn shop has a 'new' ultra lite on the shelf being sold for 450.00. I can't find much information on the ultra lite as a specific model other than some YouTube videos of them destroying watermelons.

So you guys and gals help me out here. Do I purchase the ultra lite because they have it, or do I hold out for the elusive polymer judge?

thanks, everybody!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have both, i say get it, THEN..........get the poly judge youll love them both!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I wasn't sure of that price... Seems like it might be high, but then again what isn't these days?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For that matter, I can't find a poly judge to save my life.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought my ultralight new 1 week ago for $465. Pretty awesome piece. The ultralight is 20.7 oz. vs. 27 oz. for the polymer. That's a lot of weight when you are trying to carry concealed. I had a steel framed public defender that weighed 28.2 oz. It was a beast to carry concealed (but not impossible).

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'd opt for the Ultralight Judge PD.

I have owned a blued steel PD and currently own an Ultralight Judge with a 3" barrel, and I'd much rather carry the Ultralight because of the weight difference.

Attachments

Reactions: Kemtooler

·
Registered
40 Posts
I cannot wait to get my poly out of layaway. I am hoping to add it to my carry rotation... 27 ounces sounds like a lot except I've been hauling around a gov't model 1911. It'll be like losing weight without dieting :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I brought her home yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to kill some paper later this week. :cool:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I brought her home yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to kill some paper later this week. :cool:
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts