Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Flyer and all the new and old Taurus Forum members, we're off to a great start here at Taurus Armed. The new board is taking shape nicely, and some great features will continue to develope. Take some time to look at the Gallery Feature, and feel free to post pictures of your guns, and range activity in appropriate sections. This has potential to be a a great showpiece for the forum. Thanks again to all, and spread the word!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll second all of that. I must say this is a welcome change from the slow servers of the other Taurus and Ruger forum. Looks great too.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. Some big "Attaboys" for Flyer....doing a great job here, and growing daily!

·
Super Moderator
35,012 Posts
Yeah, I'm a chatty ol' sob on these boards. I used to frequent the KT board, but ran out of much to say over there. I like brand specific boards to go to when I get tired of the brand snobs on other boards. ;D

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I really appreciate all the good words! It's been a long few days for a while getting everything setup, but I think it will all be worth it in the long run. I hope that in the future this board will really take shape, maybe we can bring some other guys in/on that will make more of a difference as well. It's you guys that are going to really make this a place worth hanging onto! As long as we keep up the good positive members and activity the site will continue to grow and get better.

Thanks ya'll!

BTW, if ya'll have any siggestions for the site you can visit the Website Developement area or just PM me. I'm always open to new ideas.

·
32,496 Posts
Flyer, Outstanding job, guy. Did notice we don't have a member counter. Do we need one? Would let everyone know how many members we have. Then again, it really isn't needed. Just a wild off the top of the head idea.

·
6,541 Posts
Scroll allll the wya to the bottom. You will see something like this ..

986 Posts in 162 Topics by 144 Members. Latest Member: kansas45

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats and thanks on getting the new board up and running - how is this funded?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Very nice forum indeed. Much more active than the previous one.

Todd

·
6,541 Posts
Cybersleuth_2000 said:
Congrats and thanks on getting the new board up and running - how is this funded?
At the moment, it isn't. There is a 'Donations' tab at the top, but that is purely voluntary. I hate to be one of those asking for donations all the time too, so as I said, PURELY voluntary.

·
6,541 Posts
All the positive comments means a lot. I've taken a lot of pride into setting up the board and I must admit it feels good to see the positive comments about the place. Admittably, it wouldn't take much of an improvment to better the other place. I, for one, couldn't stand that forum setup, but used it anyways as it was all we had.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I, for one, couldn't stand that forum setup, but used it anyways as it was all we had.
This was one of the reasons I kept to The Firing Line, and The High Road for all my Taurus/Ruger needs. The Taurus and Ruger forum were not user friendly, they were not pleasing to the eye, and they did not have the functionality (most important part!!!) that this and other forums offer.

I'm very pleased to be here, and I can't thank you enough for putting forth the effort to get things up and running.

Hopefully, the growing pains will cease, and you can begin to do more enjoying, than tweaking!

·
6,541 Posts
I enjoy the tweaking. I'm glad the timing worked out that it's entirely to cold for me to go utside to do anything else. This makes for plenty of time to tweak on the forums.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cold in Texas? lol!! We had -20 degrees F this morning here in the great northwoods!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I had that here at the south end of the state the other morning. That was a good morning to crawl into bed (I work overnights).

Steelheart

1 - 17 of 17 Posts