Earlier this spring, maybe late winter, I used the last of my old "clip-on" wheel weights. These were old, I had refined them and recast them into 1 and 1/2 pound ingots way back in '89 or 90. Several hundred pounds of them, maybe 900. Anyway, I'm now having to formulate a useable alloy from the several hundred 1 pound ingots of 22 BHN+ linotype ingots and the many hundreds of 1 pound ingots of mostly very soft lead. I'm doing it slowly and methodically (for me!!!) and keeping notes. I want 9 BHN+/- as the final hardness. I use a Cabin Tree hardness tester, works well. I think I've got my formula refined to an acceptable hardness. I ran 3 tests on the alloy I concocted yesterday and it averaged slightly higher than 9 but did not reach 10; I'm sure it will go over 10 slightly as time goes by. Thats good!!! I'm doing another batch now and I'll see what it tests out to tomorrow after 24 or so hours to stabilize. I really need this as I'm critically short of 95-98 grain RN & SWC for use in 32 S&W Long ammunition. More later.......