Taurus Firearm Forum banner

former Tipp City Ohio mayor explains on video how he shot himself in the groin

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
I can't view the video, perhaps it mentions what kind of gun it was. Also if it was appendix carry, would there still be a shell casing in the van?

In the video, Hale is heard telling police officers he shot himself, that the gun discharged when he drove over a bump in the road. Police found an unspent round in the work van Hale was driving.
Regardless of how it actually happened, it's never a good idea to have Mary Jane as a passenger in your vehicle if you have a unintented discharge. Can you imagine what a prosecutor might imply if he had been forced to use that weapon in a self defense situation? (particularly one where there's no video or witnesses?)

https://www.whio.com/news/local/new...lice-how-shot-himself/rSHQ8QIj92lbQpRf4OaL5M/

#3 ·
From the linked news story:

"According to court record, Hale has paid a $301 fine for two misdemeanors on which he was charged. The criminal case against him is closed, according to the clerk of courts." Must be good to be the ex-mayor.

#4 ·
HMM? well maybe a higher power was trying to keep the gene pool clean?

#9 ·
Thanks for pointing that out. I misread it, thought it said spent round, as in from the handgun firing. If it was a spent round, it would've been relevant because it might've implied where the gun was when it went off, as in whether or not was in an appendix carry or not. An unspent or non fired round is of course not relevant, unless of course that word is a typo from the news source.

#7 ·
He's Lying.. "It" was evil and needed to be punished. That'll teach "It" for such impure thoughts.

Reactions: olfarhors
#8 ·
No indication of the type of firearm? Wouldn’t that be a key detail? If a bump causes a discharge... and further, how are we supposed to know what gun to ban? Or do we just assume it was an evil black assault firearm? Afterall, it was used in an assault of an ex-public figure....

#12 ·
Recently a very well known Lawyer here in Hotlanta accidently shot and killed his wife because his un-cocked S & W revolver that he had in hand/resting in his lap. went off when they hit a bump.
yea he is now awaiting sentencing for murder.

Reactions: pegasus
#16 ·
Ex mayor, drug paraphernasd;falkjwer *no, I'm not properly spelling that word on his behalf* in the vehicle, "gun went off when he hit a bump"... I swear, I think some localities use elected office as a work program for the (ahem) unintelligent.

Reactions: olfarhors
#19 ·
ahh, yes!
stay tuned for the now ongoing investigation into Atlantas recently replaced mayors idea of giving away like 750,000 Bucks in bonus money to cronies just before leaving office.
the same Mayor by the way that his administration has already been found guilty of fraud and other Federal charges and the beat goes on>
keep an eye out for him as he has national political aspirations!--Reed is the name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.