Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Forget Most Forums When Getting Ready to Buy

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Robin48 
#1 ·
Wow... did I really say that?

I am trying to do car shopping. I am looking at a Nissan Quest, so after I looked over their sight and was impressed, I looked at the users forums... I came away with an overwhelming feeling that "NO ONE" should by a Nissan... POC!

Then, just for curiosity, I looked at the Dodge Caravan users forum (I have driven one for 4 years now). Guess what... NO ONE should buy a Dodge... POC!

Then I reflected on the number of forums where "users" rate their Taurus guns... and I realized... these same people have driven Dodge minivans, owned a Nissan... and went out and bought a Taurus. And from their gushing vitreous, I began to speculate on just how poor a judgment these guys have. Everything they own is POC.

OK... now laugh... you have seen the punch line. Forums tend to give opportunity for people to vent their feelings... and negative feelings generate a lot more gushing... and sometimes when working with companies, they are the squeaky wheel that got greased.

My point... many folks are just mad and they want someone to do something for them... regardless of what they have done, or what they have purchased. If they can't get anything... then they can get sympathy... and influence... satisfaction in knowing how much business they caused someone to loose.

My advice... buy what you like, what you think is a good deal. Be informed... read the magazine reviews and look at the positive on-line reviews. Read enough to know what to look for when you buy... but actually I bought my PT1911 sight unseen because of the price. Been proud ever since.

Forums are great places to share... ask questions, especially "how to" and see how others are handling issues. Be a positive buyer, and God forbid you do get a lemon... then be a customer who customer service likes to talk with even if you have issues. The unique thing I've found is that TAURUSARMED.NET has maintained a good balance, but even here, read wisely.

Edited for length

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
texastaurusguy said:
Cimarron, are you sure you don't have other handles you use from time to time on taurusarmed.net? I could swear you own a PT1911, love the price, but because it's not a Colt, you think it's a POS......
No, actually I think Colt is a POC too... or... perhaps I like Colts, I like Kimbers, I LOVE Wilsons & Les Bears, but I could never afford them. Now I do LOVE my Taurus... I LOVE having the best bang for the buck on the block.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Alright guys... if nothing else comes from this venture in semi-humerous writing than RichGP100Z, then most of the posts on this forum has been worth this effort.

PS... I bought my PT1911 last summer... don't know what series that put mine in, but it has run like a charm... and because I bought it sight unseen (Bud's Gun Shop) I didn't even get to cherry pick from the inventory. So far, every Taurus (3 so far) has come out of the box running flawlessly.

Note my reference to this forum. I've been a member since the beginning and this is one of the very best forums for keeping biased posts from ruining the product. Kudo's to Flyer and the OPs (other Ops) for doing a fine job.

PS... I ordered a Nissan Quest today... saw one on the lot & got to sit in it, but I'll have to test ride one when I'm driving it home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.