Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Many folks think that Ecoboost is a marketing ploy but it ain't nuttin ta mess with. I have it on my V6 2011 F-150 and it is some serious torque! On freeway entrance ramps, during passing (etc) you will feel the G forces as your ears are pinned back into the seat!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
While I prefer Ford over Chevy, the video proves nothing. Was there any added weight in the bed of the Ford? Flat level road? Swap out the type of tires on each rig and that could also affect traction. Too many variables to say one is better than the other.

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
While I prefer Ford over Chevy, the video proves nothing. Was there any added weight in the bed of the Ford? Flat level road? Swap out the type of tires on each rig and that could also affect traction. Too many variables to say one is better than the other.
Yeah, the main variable is that it is a Ford vs a Chevy. If they had wanted the Chevy to win, they would have put it against a Prius or something... :icon_ poke::icon_ nana:

Sent from my Sony Xperia using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Looks like a scam. Ford obviously had 4wd on the whole time, prob enough weight difference in the other trucks favor.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
It wasn't about power. The Chevy was spinning the tires.
I was impressed with my diesel F-250 the other day. I had to pull out a loaded 24' enclosed trailer. When I got it out of the woods I saw it had four flat tires.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Thanks for posting! I guess I better quit screwing around, get dressed and make up the "For Sale" sign for my Silverado!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I could shoot so many holes in that video it isn't even funny.

For starters, the yahoo driving the Chevy was spinning the tires making it easy for the smarter driver in the Ford to use torque vs horsepower to win the tug.

Fun video though, I'm sure both trucks are awesome, I'd love to have either one.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Thanks for posting! I guess I better quit screwing around, get dressed and make up the "For Sale" sign for my Silverado!
LOL. I would like what you said, but you may take it the wrong day.

·
Registered
18,783 Posts
The vast, vast majority of tow and service trucks out there are GMs. That alone, says it all.

Reactions: AOCM.RET

·
Registered
24,595 Posts
What he said!!!

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Hmmmm...... I don't see the 'furrin' folks wading in yet. C'mon, Tundra-ites!

(Aside- Speaking of Tundras, the 'TRD' for Toyota Racing Development was originally supposed to be the acronym for 'Toyota Urban Racing Development'. Allegedly, at least- can't vouch for the veracity, but if so, thank goodness for a 'Murican proof reader!)

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Reactions: RScottie

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
Amazing the Ford didn't break down first! The Ford was heavier as usual, it was loaded with BS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts