Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
!

It's a promo for Louder Than Love which is going to be at the Michigan Theater (A2) this Monday.
Gotta say I'm tempted.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Old farts! Rock and Roll was a little AFTER my time. Mine was before microphones and electric guitars.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Can you say "Laurence Welk"?

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
LOUDER THAN LOVE-The Grande Ballroom Story - YouTube!

It's a promo for Louder Than Love which is going to be at the Michigan Theater (A2) this Monday.
Gotta say I'm tempted.
That was a really interesting little video. Evidently a church bought the place, but hasn't been able to come up with the money to renovate it. With a building that old I'm thinking they're going to need a plaster artist, as well as every other skilled trade to make it like it was. Too bad when stuff like this goes to rot. The movie sounds interesting. Should be some good tunes for sure.

·
Super Moderator
35,022 Posts
Old farts! Rock and Roll was a little AFTER my time. Mine was before microphones and electric guitars.
My Mama had all those Glen Miller 78s. :D

·
Registered
27,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's see... the microphone was invented by March of 1877, the electric guitar not until 1922 - so that makes you...
157?

·
Registered
27,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Pre rock and roll a thing called swing music, heh, it worked for my parents generation and not bad either!

"SING, SING, SING" BY BENNY GOODMAN - YouTube
You don't have a zoot suit hanging in your closet, do you? :D They have places around here where you can still go swing dancing. What a blast! Course folks dance to rock and roll too - but it's not really dancing, IYAM.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You don't have a zoot suit hanging in your closet, do you? :D They have places around here where you can still go swing dancing. What a blast! Course folks dance to rock and roll too - but it's not really dancing, IYAM.
I don't but my son does! :) He's only 25 but is keen on that era!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"Old" is a relative term. Right, bre346? ;)

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Clear Lake Iowa celebrates their Winter Dance Party every year to remember the plane crash that killed Richie Vallens, The Big Bopper, and Buddy Holly. The last I heard all the motels within 50 to 75 miles are booked for that week-end as much as five years in advance. This is probably one of the biggest tourist attractions of the year for Clear Lake, IA.

We have been to The Surf Ballroom but never for a dance! Sadly during that era I never seemed to be able to afford to attend these sort of shows.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Would love to see the movie but not likely to happen for several reasons. Not my wifes favorite type of flick and zero days off.

Big fan of swing usic both old and new. Love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

Sarge

1 - 16 of 16 Posts