1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37,079 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
I really like the cz design. I don;t have an actual CZ just a clone. looking at getting a p09 duty
I have 3 Tanfoglio as well as my CZ. the Tanfoglio have been just super weapons as well as the CZ.
the CZ have been more reliable , going into the thousands of rounds fired without a malfunction and then me quit keeping track of rounds fired after that.
the Tanfoglio I am sure are well under 1/10 of 1 percent in malfunctions as well.
The main reason that I do not own Caniks, Tri star etc is because I am CZ rich in numbers already. .
the Tanfoglio Elite Match is actually my most accurate weapon, not by a lot as the Shadow -2 is also a very, very accurate weapon and cost more than the the Elite Match by several hundred dollars.
Yep! color me as a CZ / Clone fan boy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have three Caniks. Two T100 and a P120. They almost rival my 1911s for fave. They do run VERY well.

Reactions: Plano Mark

·
Administrator
18,420 Posts
It's a design that has become popular on it's own merits, in spite of the efforts of the American Gun Press to ignore it.
Even the least expensive variants turn in excellent performance.

My very first one was an early Canadian Import pre-B Cz75, which I regret selling off to a collector, during a period of unemployment.
That said, with what I have, I'm not really missing it that much.

All of the variants in my collection have well earned their place and I would trust any of them for serious work.
Rather than flood this post with my pics of them, I'll just list my current inventory.

Cz75 SP01
Tanfoglio Series 88 TA90 Full Size 9mm
Tanfoglio Series 88 TA90 Compact 9mm
EAA Witness Full Size Steel 1992 .45 ACP
EAA Witness Full Size Steel 2005 .45 ACP
EAA SAR K2-45 .45 ACP
EAA SAR K2P 9mm
EAA SAR B6P 9mm
Tanfoglio/Armscor MAP1 Full Size 9mm
Tanfoglio/Armscor MAP1 Mid Size 9mm
TriStar/Canik T-120 9mm

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I need to quite buying other stuff and get a T120! LOL But then I want a P100 and then........................
It's a design that has become popular on it's own merits, in spite of the efforts of the American Gun Press to ignore it.
Even the least expensive variants turn in excellent performance.

All of the variants in my collection have well earned their place and I would trust any of them for serious work.
Rather than flood this post with my pics of them, I'll just list my current inventory.

Cz75 SP01
Tanfoglio Series 88 TA90 Full Size 9mm
Tanfoglio Series 88 TA90 Compact 9mm
EAA Witness Full Size Steel 1992 .45 ACP
EAA Witness Full Size Steel 2005 .45 ACP
EAA SAR K2-45 .45 ACP
EAA SAR K2P 9mm
EAA SAR B6P 9mm
Tanfoglio/Armscor MAP1 Full Size 9mm
Tanfoglio/Armscor MAP1 Mid Size 9mm
TriStar/Canik T-120 9mm

·
Administrator
18,420 Posts
I need to quite buying other stuff and get a T120! LOL But then I want a P100 and then........................
Buy the P100, first, as it's a Pistol you will probably want to carry.

While you could carry a T120, it's accuracy will endear itself for serious Range/Target work plus Home Defense.

That said, all of the Pistols in my listing have more accuracy than most shooters can use.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I really like the cz design. I don;t have an actual CZ just a clone. looking at getting a p09 duty
I had one for a while and liked everything about it except for having another caliber to stock (it was in .40SW). I sold it and replaced it with a new one (in 9mm) this past week.

Great pistol.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I would expect just that. My P120 is probably the most pleasant and accurate shooting handgun I've shot. ANd the T100 SHark C is not far behind.
Buy the P100, first, as it's a Pistol you will probably want to carry.

While you could carry a T120, it's accuracy will endear itself for serious Range/Target work plus Home Defense.

That said, all of the Pistols in my listing have more accuracy than most shooters can use.

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
I agree none of my CZ or Tanfoglio have ever embarrassed me at the range.
matter of fact a lot of 1911 sit in the safe and many 9 MM do as well of different brands.

Reactions: MoKen and MOONDAWG

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I was a dyed in the wool 1911 guy when I stumbled across my first Witness in 1999. It caught my attention because it was a double stack .45 and there weren't nearly as many options for one of those then as there are now. I asked to look at it and learned it could be carried condition one, the trigger was better than both of my 1911's and my Feg Hipower and the slide to frame fit was better than any other auto pistol I had handled up to that point. The best part $300 OTD with three mags. My second Witness came in 2008. It is a poly with a full size frame and a compact grip. It is a .40 and the AWB compliant magazine was junk. Ever since I got good mags (10 mm) it has run like a top. I have converted it to 10mm and swapped out the grooved trigger for a smooth one. I carry this gun a lot with a 12 round mag in the gun and a 15 round spare. The next will be a SAR B6P but I can't decide if I want the compact or the full size.

·
Registered
469 Posts
My wife has a SAR B6Pc. She's not a fan because she has a hard time racking the slide. On the other hand I love it. Similar in size to the PT111 G2, but higher capacity, and in my opinion, a better shooter. The only thing I'd like to change is the color. She just HAD to have a pink gun.

And before the try before you buy comments start coming, it was a gift from her father who never asked her opinion before getting it for her.

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
I was a dyed in the wool 1911 guy when I stumbled across my first Witness in 1999. It caught my attention because it was a double stack .45 and there weren't nearly as many options for one of those then as there are now. I asked to look at it and learned it could be carried condition one, the trigger was better than both of my 1911's and my Feg Hipower and the slide to frame fit was better than any other auto pistol I had handled up to that point. The best part $300 OTD with three mags. My second Witness came in 2008. It is a poly with a full size frame and a compact grip. It is a .40 and the AWB compliant magazine was junk. Ever since I got good mags (10 mm) it has run like a top. I have converted it to 10mm and swapped out the grooved trigger for a smooth one. I carry this gun a lot with a 12 round mag in the gun and a 15 round spare. The next will be a SAR B6P but I can't decide if I want the compact or the full size.
we may be brothers??
I own I would guess 16-17 1911 of various manufacture, I still really like them.
But once I got bitten by the CZ bug well the transformation had begun.
it started with a EAA Witness as well mostly because it was a 38 super and held like 537 rounds in the mag.
then I went into the CZ, then I found a Witness in 10 MM and got it, it only holds like 478 rounds as the round is bigger than the 38 super.
then I got the bug for a EAA Witness in the Elite Match (38 Super of course!).
I would buy each one over again, that speaks to how well I like them.
understand now this covers a few years but I think the price was
(early model) 38 Super --300 bucks, 10 MM - 400 bucks, Elite Match-- 750.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
My CZ PO1.
MY P-01 is quite a remarkable weapon, especially for a lighter, shorter weapon. I initially kept a round count, then I realized after a 1000 rounds or so that this thing was really something as to reliability with lots of different ammo.
I kept track up to 7000 rounds with no malfunction OF ANY KIND.
I quit counting then,
I still do not recall any malfunction to date and its north of 9000 rounds easily.
the one thing that I had to do was change those awful small dot nite glow dull yellow sights out for a set of tritiums as its my carry weapon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The CZ75 is a handsome pistol.One might in up in my collection someday.

Reactions: MoKen

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I won't be giving up my 1911s however, my Canik Shark C is on my hip most of the time. My P120 is a shooters dream.

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
I won't be giving up my 1911s however, my Canik Shark C is on my hip most of the time. My P120 is a shooters dream.
yes sir!
actually I took two of my forgotten 1911 to the range today, the Citadel in 38 Super and the Old Dan Wesson Point Man High Capacity.
I haven't had a date with that big old heavy girl in quite some time.
did pretty well with both, shot them out to 20 yards or so, 100 rounds in each.
I just could not force myself to wear my CZ ball cap though!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts