Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few minutes to kill this afternoon so I decided to stop by my local dealer and pick up the extra magazines for my Steyr that I had ordered a few weeks ago. While I was waiting I couldn’t help but overhear Jim, the owner, taking an order for a Taurus over the phone. Curiosity getting the better of me, I asked Jim what model the customer had ordered. It turns out he had ordered a 444. Now Jim is the kind of guy that will tell you to your face that your dog is ugly but not as ugly as your wife, if that is indeed the case. No pulled punches, says what he thinks. So, I take a deep breath, stand back ten feet and say “so Jim, what do you think of those Taurus’?”

He looks me in the eyes and says, after a brief pause “ten years ago I would have told everyone not to buy one because I though they were junk.” OK, I think, I’ve heard this story before. However Jim wasn’t finished. “Now I think they make one of the best products on the market. The quality and the fit and finish are as good as anyone else” Then he adds “Best warranty out there. I’ve seen them fix things that no other gun company would have touched, and didn’t charge a dime. He them goes on to tell me that he recommends Taurus to his customers who are undecided on a particular firearm. For what it’s worth, I left the shop feeling pretty good.

·
Registered
325 Posts
they have come a long way in the last 5 to 10 years the way i hear it. thats a good thing. taurus make a great firearm. im completly satisfied with my .45. props to taurus. it will only get better.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Nice ..thanks for posting that.. :D
Stuff like that is always good to hear..
My gunshop also supports Taurus pretty good, that really makes me happy :)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well.. i dunno.. im not happy with the QA on their revovlers after the trouble i had with my tracker.. 3 tries all NIB to get a decent one.. and it's still not what i would call 100%.. but it shoots great.

my 92 is definately not in the order of my beretta when it comes to fit/finish but functionally perfect.

personally i think they cut corners on fit/finish like leaving under the grips rough, machine marks and such.

btw hi-point has a great warranty also.

i know it sounds like im riffin on taurus but im just speaking truth..

i might get a pt1911.. and im actually looking for a 909.. i'd buy another 92 in a heart beat..

but their revolvers esp you have to really scrutinize because taurus has some serious QA issues.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
joe sixpack said:
well.. i dunno.. im not happy with the QA on their revovlers after the trouble i had with my tracker.. 3 tries all NIB to get a decent one.. and it's still not what i would call 100%.. but it shoots great.

my 92 is definately not in the order of my beretta when it comes to fit/finish but functionally perfect.

personally i think they cut corners on fit/finish like leaving under the grips rough, machine marks and such.

btw hi-point has a great warranty also.

i know it sounds like im riffin on taurus but im just speaking truth..

i might get a pt1911.. and im actually looking for a 909.. i'd buy another 92 in a heart beat..

but their revolvers esp you have to really scrutinize because taurus has some serious QA issues.
I think what Jim, the owner, was telling me was how impressed he was with the improvments Taurus has made in the past ten years. Their not perfect but then again neither am I. Sorry to hear you've had so many problems. Hope you get them all worked out. Hey joe sixpack...quick question. Bottles or cans?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
It is always good to get some positive reinforcement. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok... is his name really Jim? or did you change his name to protect the innocent?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Taurus24740cal said:
Ok... is his name really Jim? or did you change his name to protect the innocent?
t
No, his real name is Jim and he's anything but inocent. Owns a small hole in the wall shop but seems to do pretty good business.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
rainman said:
quick question. Bottles or cans?
bottles of course!

actually i dont drink alcohol "joe sixpack" is what you call the average man or average joe.. not to be taken literally.

my names not even joe lol.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
joe sixpack said:
bottles of course!

actually i dont drink alcohol "joe sixpack" is what you call the average man or average joe.. not to be taken literally.

Dang I think he lies to us!! :) You know I do not imbibe either! :D I had figured out your name but Coke and Pepsi comes in bottles or cans too!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
joe sixpack said:
that's OK.....my real name isn't rainman :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts