Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Would you Drink Panda Poo Tea at $209/cup?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 20.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love a good cup of team, hot or iced. But Panda Poop tea.. just doesn't do it for me. Now its not like the coffee that's made from coffee beans digested and dropped out the south side of a north bound cat type of thing . The Panda Poo is used as a fertilizer. OK fine its organic. Lets face it thats what organic means... Grown in poop with no bug spray!

I use manure in gardens and have eaten fruits and vegetables grown in it my whole life. What makes me say no is the price, and to a very small degree the name. Let's hope this former teacher didn't teach marketing at least marketing in western countries! :)

It costs, converted from British pounds sterling, $209/cup or if you want to take some home.. $31,692/lb. Thats a bit outa my price range! The cat poop coffee which was actually pooped out only costs $80/cup by contrast... what a deal!

Panda poo tea costing £131 per cup launched by Chinese businessman | Metro.co.uk

Reactions: 91 whiskey

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I've seen the excuse for steel that they sell us. I'm guessing it really is poop. And I ain't drinkin' it! They're not getting a big 'raff' at my expense.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well, had to vote "maybe". I'm not much of a hot tea drinker, I like mine with ice, Southern style. But the question was "Would I drink it", not would I "pay" for it. $209 would cover about a month of range time with ammo.

·
10,379 Posts
Sure I'd try it, if someone else was payin', no way do I have the ability or want to fork out that much $$ for a single cup of tea...now if it came with a couple Panda steaks on a bed of rice with wild mushrooms I might think about it<g>

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far, it doesn't look like Poo Tea is a hit with this focus group! :D

·
Registered
27,108 Posts
I'm with pam and Wolf. I'd drink it, but I wouldn't pay for it. If there is a government entitlement program to supply us all with poop tea it would be
  • no more wasteful than other government entitlement programs.
  • way more up front. The government makes us eat S--- every day, they just don't label it correctly.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Well, the Chinese do find an interesting use for just about everything. That civet cat coffee that you mentioned is actually supposed to taste pretty good. I am not so sure about that this Panda tea would actually taste that great.

However, if it were a cure for cancer or something like that, would you drink it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts