Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Administrator
I like the old ghost towns. Animas Forks, listed there in the link is a interesting place. I spent some time there a few years ago. 4 wheel drive access. Lot of things there that would have disappeared long ago, if access were easier. Even found a hermit miner a little higher up the mountain.

Registered
I love old ghost towns, mines and even old manufacturing buildings, mills , basically anything old and abandon. We are in te process of planning a few camping trips to some old mines, ghost towns and stuff like that for this year. Its amazing the stuff you can find!!

Registered
Anywhere there was ever mining, there's a ghost town. I kicked around central and western AZ for nearly 3 years back in the early 70's.

AZ had lots of Ghost Towns, but my favorite was Jerome, up on the side of a mountain and sliding down the side of that mountain a few inches every year. Lots of little shops in Jerome. Dodge had a mine there until the early 50's when they had to close it down. The mine honey combed under the mountain so bad there were constant cave in's and fires that continue even now.

I'm sure today, AZ has plenty of would be miner's working their own claims, I saw plenty in the 70's and most like Smoke said, were hermits.

Registered
i love ghost towns and anything old or with History.I been on tours of the old Mansfield Reformatory in Mansfield,Ohio.You can spend the night for ghost Hunting but last i looked it was book 1+ yrs in advanced

1 - 6 of 6 Posts