Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
10,379 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
One of the highlights of my summer is the week I get to spend at Canters Cave 4-H Camp in Jackson, Ohio with the Ohio 4-H Senior Shooting Camp. Seeing kids of both genders shoot like this young lady is not unusual. We do the Scholastic Steel Challenge with both rifle and pistol. A lot of the kids will put us old farts to shame. It's wonderful to know that these kids will carry on the tradition - as long as we are active in making sure the government does not make our traditions go the way of the Great Auk.

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting this Airwrench, I'm going to show this to my daughter.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
That's what it's all about folks! Pass on the sport before their lib school teachers can brain wash them....

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
When I shot on the USN skeet team I hated to get into shootoffs against teenage girls. It was a no win situation if you shoot good and win you were a mean old man for beating a young lady if you shot bad and lost for weeks you would hear that you could not beat a kid. In the shooting sports i have been beaten by kids to grandmothers/fathers. I have wone some and lost some but all were fun and make for great memories Randy

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
:r_c:...proof there is hope, and that the tender gender CAN shoot! :yeahbaby01:
My wife is a natural shooter whether it's a handgun or long gun. Years ago when we were dating I let her fire an AR-15 I had just purchased. She had never even seen this weapon or shot anything like it but she was right on target from various distances from the get go.

I thought to myself "You better not upset this lady". ;)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Very Cool!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Dad always told me never try to out shoot a female.

I know my 12 ye old daughter can shoot
1-1/2 groups with my 22 rifle. Free standing no rest

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The future looks good with young ladies like this

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
This little darlin' was absolutely awesome!

I truly enjoyed watching her shooting skills.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
There is hope for this next generation ! Great shooting !

·
Registered
267 Posts
Really, I'm not surprised.

As a kid, I grew up watching my mom and grandmothers shoot, so I have no illusions that a lady (young or old) can out-shoot me depending on who is having the better day. (My SO can do so easily, if I'm not at the top of my game at the range. :wave: )

It is great to see young ladies and gentlemen taking up the sport, learning to use and respect these tools that we enjoy before someone tries to scare them away from the "evil" things.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
My daughter was about 10 years old when she fired her first gun- a .22 rifle with iron sights. Did very well. Moved to a scoped rifle and also did very well.
Now, when her work schedule permits her time to go to the range, she shoots .380 and .22LR handguns - and can outshoot me on the best day I ever saw.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Good video, it's nice to see young people doing positive things instead of spending their entire day on Facebook or playing video games. Young people have the eye sight and the reflexes to shoot really well. I shoot with kids 12, 13, 14, years old that rarely miss a a clay target. These kids are treated just like any other shooter. They interact with men and women of all ages fro 12 to 95 and they learn to communicate, accept, and appreciate what other people are and what they do. In every case, their parents think it's the best thing they could have ever done for thier kids. The maturity level of these kids that shoot competitively is way ahead of their contemporaries that do not shoot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts