Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AMC is airing a marathon of the last 8 episodes or so of season 2 today capped off with the season finale tonight at 9PM.

Anyone with ideas of which other main characters may not survive the season?

I was kinda surprised at who died last episode. One of the MAIN characters . . . . .

·
Registered
977 Posts
Im glad shane got it, I really hated that guy form the second episode of season 1

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
I thought Dale was a biggie but Shane had been headed for a confrontation with Rick for a lone time. But It was a real shocker And Rick was prepared for it so he's not the sissy everyone thinks he his Shane thought he had him and the look on his face when Rick stuck him was priceless. The fact that they are changing with out being bit is a interesting twist. Tonight ought to be real good.

·
21,932 Posts
I was surprised at Dale getting it but something had to give.

I am still waiting for Daryl's brother to show up in person.

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I thought Dale was a biggie but Shane had been headed for a confrontation with Rick for a lone time. But It was a real shocker And Rick was prepared for it so he's not the sissy everyone thinks he his Shane thought he had him and the look on his face when Rick stuck him was priceless. The fact that they are changing with out being bit is a interesting twist. Tonight ought to be real good.
I think the "changing w/o being bitten" was what the CDC doc told Rick at the end of season 1. ie., I think everyone is infected.

Yeah, Shane was not too well liked, but, was still one of the primary characters. If I was an actor who enjoyed the work I would NOT allow my agent to even think about mentioning a raise to the network;)

So, anyone want to make bets on who won't survive the end of the season?

Rick
Laurie
Carl
Carol
Daryl
Adrian
Glen
T-Dawg
Herschel
Maggie
Beth
Merle (Daryl's brother)

And, for discussion's sake:
anyone disagree with how Shane handled the Otis situation? What would you have done? Only one round of ammo left and too many to count walkers/zombies on your tail and still a good distance from your ride and an overweight, out of shape runner with you who is trying to keep up with ya?

·
21,932 Posts
I think somebody is gonna get it in the zombie overrun that the previews showed I just
don't know who.

I expected Shane to run off with Andrea for a split off plot but I was wrong.

T-Dog might want to watch his back. Only because I really like the character and that means bad luck.

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
I thought the black guy got bit when they were on the Highway. So it might have something to do with your personality. But that would not explain the little girls death.
I think there is going to be many twist to this series. But I like it no matter what.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I thought the black guy got bit when they were on the Highway. So it might have something to do with your personality. But that would not explain the little girls death.
I think there is going to be many twist to this series. But I like it no matter what.
Cut his arm on a car door. BTW, this is my favorite program for dry fire laser traing.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 last night. It's a pretty good show. :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why arethe dead all of a sudden coming back as zombies without being bitten.

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why arethe dead all of a sudden coming back as zombies without being bitten.
Must be something related to atmospheric conditions, water, etc. Would have to be something everyone was exposed to. Altho never stated outright, assume it is a planet wide infestation. If it was stated in Season 1, I missed it.

Shane's quick "turn" after just being stabbed by Rick attests to the fact that everyone is infected. Also, the two lawmen Rick and Shane found w/o obvious bites - kinda suggested towards that. Of course, of all the times Rick and his group members have been scratched or nicked - especially with all the fist blows they have delivered and all the zombie/walker blood they have gotten on them with open wounds present (remember Daryl's adventure on the Sophie hunt where he fought off walkers with an arrow stuck through him) should have produced zombie/walkers of them at any time.

Interesting that in neither the first nor second season has the term "zombie" ever been applied to any of the walking dead. Always "walkers" or "roamers", etc. Guess too many movie/TV show copyrights to have to worry about.

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I was surprised at Dale getting it but something had to give.

I am still waiting for Daryl's brother to show up in person.
Hey, wrench, any idea where this is supposed to be set in Ga? I hear I-85 mentioned quite frequently but never I-75 or I-20 - both of which traverse, and even intersect, in downtown Atlanta. So, I presume it is set within 30-45 minutes of ATL - either north or south. Given that north ATL is a higher income group, and given the rural setting they have chosen, would expect somewhere between Macon and ATL. They are careful to keep county and city names out of the script - altho I do see Mert Co showing up on a couple of county vehicles - although I know there is no Mert Co in Georgia. Herschel's farm is supposed to be off the "Fairburn Road" exit off I-85 (Maggie told Rick's group this when Carl got shot) - although Fairburn Road (AKA Ga HWY 92) exit is off I-20 about 20 miles east of my exit off I-20. . . . Anyway, just curious

Also wonder where it is filmed. I know it is filmed in Georgia as attested in the closing credits. I know "Vampire Diaries" is filming in Covington so this would make the second currently filming series in Georgia - THAT I KNOW OF.

·
21,932 Posts
Hey, wrench, any idea where this is supposed to be set in Ga? I hear I-85 mentioned quite frequently but never I-75 or I-20 - both of which traverse, and even intersect, in downtown Atlanta. So, I presume it is set within 30-45 minutes of ATL - either north or south. Given that north ATL is a higher income group, and given the rural setting they have chosen, would expect somewhere between Macon and ATL. They are careful to keep county and city names out of the script - altho I do see Mert Co showing up on a couple of county vehicles - although I know there is no Mert Co in Georgia. Herschel's farm is supposed to be off the "Fairburn Road" exit off I-85 (Maggie told Rick's group this when Carl got shot) - although Fairburn Road (AKA Ga HWY 92) exit is off I-20 about 20 miles east of my exit off I-20. . . . Anyway, just curious

Also wonder where it is filmed. I know it is filmed in Georgia as attested in the closing credits. I know "Vampire Diaries" is filming in Covington so this would make the second currently filming series in Georgia - THAT I KNOW OF.
They have shut down hwy 36 in Hampton at the race track twice for a week at a time. Thats about 10 miles north of me.

I know they have done some filming in Sharpsburg which is between Griffin and Newnan. I have not found out who's farm they
are using yet.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Ive only watched the first season before i left for basic. Ive been waiting to watch the second season..i think i need to talk to the commander about getting us cable lol

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive only watched the first season before i left for basic. Ive been waiting to watch the second season..i think i need to talk to the commander about getting us cable lol
The entire first season is available on Netflix.

The second season is available on Amazon.com and iTunes. Unless they are doing a marathon like today.

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They have shut down hwy 36 in Hampton at the race track twice for a week at a time. Thats about 10 miles north of me.

I know they have done some filming in Sharpsburg which is between Griffin and Newnan. I have not found out who's farm they
are using yet.
I know where the Hampton race track is as well as Sharpsburg, Griffin and Newnan. I live in Carrollton - they haven't come this far west yet, that I know anyway . . . .

·
Registered
597 Posts
This is all based on the "Walking Dead" comic book series. Not traditional comic books so to speak but illustrated books nonetheless. The show doesn't follow the books to a "T" as some characters are dead that shouldn't be yet and some are still alive that have already been killed. The hooded woman is a fan favorite from the books. I don't want to give out any spoilers but I loved the books and haven't missed an episode as of yet, nor will I. I can not wait for season 3.

To answer the previous question about Shane and Otis. Otis would have taken one in the leg from me as well. Survival of the fittest for sure, and anything that I would "need" to do to help my own group would not be out of the question and done without hesitation. Same thing for the Randall character, I wouldn't have saved him, he shot at me and my group. Screw pushing his leg off the fence, I'd have placed a round in his temple and been on my way, safely back to my group.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts