Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
its a big gun ;-)
interesting read nonetheless
Erm, not really. An AK 7.62 x39 is a medium sized round. An AR is a .22 caliber round. It's a really fast, versatile, fairly accurate (depending on the platform) round and weapon system developed for the military BUT big it is not. :)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
With all the talk of AR's, I want one now too. lol
the market can be tough right now with all the attention on ARs - not everybody is gouging but it makes shopping harder and building harder yet. I'm guessing that you have some friends with ARs - pony up some ammo or swap some guns at a range day and give one or more a spin. A good AR (there are literally endless potential configurations). If you are ever rolling through St. Louis...

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
My daughter can shoot the knees off a grasshopper with an AR. My personal experience has shown that when a woman, (one thats not brainwashed against guns), sees one up close and personal, actually thinks they are sexy. The more tacti-cool, the better. When they fire it at the range it's difficult to get it back. I watched a woman have a go with a Barrett BMG at 600 meters. She was well, extremely exhilarated, and deadly accurate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts