Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD ~ 57 Chevy Bel Air 1/18 scale die cast metal convertible

SOLD: Mint Condition 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air powder blue convertible with continental kit

~ 1/18 scale die cast metal car ~

Steering wheel operates front wheels / Hood and doors open and close / very detailed interior

This pristine model was added to my personal collection in 2014, and has been a display piece only.

Comes with display stand and original box.

Price: $30.00
(free priority mail shipping)

12/17/2014 ~ Reduced in price to $27.00
(free priority mail shipping)

ITEM has been sold.

57 Chevy Bel Air powder blue convertible (5).JPG

57 Chevy Bel Air powder blue convertible (2).JPG

57 Chevy Bel Air powder blue convertible (1).JPG

57 Chevy Bel Air powder blue convertible (4).JPG

57 Chevy Bel Air powder blue convertible (3).JPG

Reactions: loudviking and bigC

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Wow, I would like to have a real one of these. Very nice indeed!:thumb::thumb:

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, you'd be the cat's meow tooling around town in one of these! :thumb:

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monday bump

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tuesday bump

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Are you selling out all your collection ?? I'd take some off your hands but I have all Chevys from 1950 - 1960 except the 51', 52', and 54' . Of course they didn't make the 51 and 52 in 1:18 scale :( and the 54' are darn high $$ .

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ron,

I am in the process of reducing my collection to where I only have one representative brand (make) car from each year. For example, I have already sold one 1955 Bel Air and have one fine specimen left in the collection. I know what you mean about the inflated pricing on the '54 Bel Air.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Hi Ron,

I am in the process of reducing my collection to where I only have one representative brand (make) car from each year. For example, I have already sold one 1955 Bel Air and have one fine specimen left in the collection. I know what you mean about the inflated pricing on the '54 Bel Air.
I started last year on having one each of every Chevy car from 1950 - 1960 . I was really dissappointed to find out they did not make the 52' and 51' in a 1:18 scale and hardly any in any other scale . But so far i only need a 54' . Just got my 53' last month . Wouldn't mind going on up to 1966 but finding those at a good price is also hard to find . Some are always so plain jane i don't care to have them anyway and i do not care at all for those that look like some low-rider or big time dragster . Also i been looking for a decent display case to put in the living room to display them but can't seem to find one worth having . :(

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I started last year on having one each of every Chevy car from 1950 - 1960 . I was really dissappointed to find out they did not make the 52' and 51' in a 1:18 scale and hardly any in any other scale . But so far i only need a 54' . Just got my 53' last month . Wouldn't mind going on up to 1966 but finding those at a good price is also hard to find . Some are always so plain jane i don't care to have them anyway and i do not care at all for those that look like some low-rider or big time dragster . Also i been looking for a decent display case to put in the living room to display them but can't seem to find one worth having . :(
Here is an ebay link to 1954 Chevy Bel Air 1/18 scale cars.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...kw=1954+Chevrolet+Bel+Air+1/18+scale&_sacat=0

Good luck in your quest.

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reduced in price to $27.00

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Here is an ebay link to 1954 Chevy Bel Air 1/18 scale cars.

1954 Chevrolet Bel Air 1/18 scale | eBay

Good luck in your quest.

Problem is it has 5 days to go and s/h is $20.60 . That right there makes it over $48.00 . I refuse to pay that high s/h . Your actually paying twice so if thee is something wrong and you send it back the seller still comes out smelling like a rose cause it ends up costing him nothing to receive it back .

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Problem is it has 5 days to go and s/h is $20.60 . That right there makes it over $48.00 . I refuse to pay that high s/h . Your actually paying twice so if thee is something wrong and you send it back the seller still comes out smelling like a rose cause it ends up costing him nothing to receive it back .
I agree, that some of the shipping charges, collected by certain ebay vendors is quite prohibitive. This, along with the grossly inflated prices of the 1954 Chevy Bel Air, is why I have yet to add one to my collection.

Reactions: RonPT24/7

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ron:

I just scored my 1953 Chevy Bel (beige and red) manufactured by Sun Star on ebay shortly after midnight tonight!

Paid more than I'd like to have paid ($57.15), but hey, I'm only gonna' go through this life once! :icon_ rocker:

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Ron:

I just scored my 1953 Chevy Bel (beige and red) manufactured by Sun Star on ebay shortly after midnight tonight!

Paid more than I'd like to have paid ($57.15), but hey, I'm only gonna' go through this life once! :icon_ rocker:

Congrats to you ! I bet i saw it . That is a pretty one . My 51', 53' & 55' are HT and the rest are convertables . Maybe next year when i get past car tags and taxes i'll have a chance to get me a 54' . I'd really like to have a yellow & white conv. if the price is right .

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FridaybeforeChristmasbump

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Here's a link to a used yellow and white one...

Sunstar 1954 Chevrolet Belair Scale 1 18 | eBay
Thanks for your help but again it's $20.60 s/h so makes the car almost $50.00 . I'm going to wait til after Christmas is over and taxes is done before I invest in another . Just bought a boat load of Christmas gifts , packaging , and food and stuff . Wife wood kill me now if she knew how much is spent . Also for a Christmas present for both of us I bought a package deal for me and the wife to go see 10 shows at the MCT (Midland Community Theatre) plays for the whole year . She's happy as a jaylark right now .

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car has been sold.

Mr. Moderator, you may close this thread. ;)

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Closing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.