Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
32,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi

While the parts for these two types of pistols are not interchangeable,but the models have some similarities, this link has been put up. Not sure how much help this place will be, but figured another source for pistols in this category could only be of some value.

www.gunboards.com that has the Makarov forum message board, is experiencing major difficulties. All the forums there are in a semi state of limbo and flux.

It seems the site managers tried out new software. This was to benefit members and staff there. It didn't. Approximately 25% of the members have been cut completely off from the forums and many others are reporting major and minor glitches.

Staff there wishes they had gone with Vbulletin software and is know having to redo the whole schmeer. When things, if ever ,get back to normal, then discussions, threads, and postings about 9x18 caliber guns will take place again. Sorry to see this happen since this is a or was a top notch forum for collectors of arms and pistols.

Tuco and staff are "busting their humps" as they put it to get things back up and running again and back to normal.

The www.makarov.com site is running as normal. Just the message board for the forum is out of order. Everything else is normal.

This leaves just the larger forums and the one linked above as sources.

Will wait a week or two and see how gunboards are doing. The amount of work to bring that place back up is of huge proportions.

If there are other 9x18 caliber or Makarov similar forums out there that cater primarily to those type pistols. please feel free to add the links.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It seems the site managers tried out new software. This was to benefit members and staff there. It didn't. Approximately 25% of the members have been cut completely off from the forums and many others are reporting major and minor glitches.
Dang, my username and password no longer work!!! And my profile shows that I became a member in 1969!!!! Isn't that about the time Al Gore was inventing the internet?!?!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I looked seriously at one of these for my wife before I bought her the Bersa .380. the 9x18 is a little strange, but the guns certainly have an outstanding reputation. I chose the .380 with the intent to reload and found a recipe for a 115 gr JHP over 3 gr Bullseye.

Still would like to find one of the P64 or Bulgarian Makarov to just mess with.

·
32,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check the J&G sales website or add in Shotgun News. These are PA63s though. Makarovs can be had at AIM Surplus as well as other 9x18 pistols. J&G and AIM have CZ82s. Those are the CZ83s cousins. Just the military version in 9x18 instead of .380ACP.

TitaniumMan, Gunboards is in the process of starting all over again and transfering everything over to the new server and software. It's going to take a while before they get things in some kind of order.

Al Gore has more mythology,lies, whoppers of stories, and stand up comedy than any 20 to 30 so called comedians of today.The next book should be entitled," Ultra Urban Legends, The AL Gore Story". Al gets his "facts" straight from the source. Elvis, Sasquatch, and Rod Serling wouldn't lie to him. Would they? Madam LoZonga's crystal ball and tarot cards get cloudy or dirty, so some allowance for screwed up detail has to be given.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I had a PA-63 that did not stay around long. The grip angle really did not agree with my hand size. We had it and a N frame 44 mag out and the 44 had less felt recoil to all of us. But I managed to actually make $5 when I traded it in.

However, a makarov feels nice in my hand. I've had mine for several years.

Add me to the list of Gunboards members who currently can't get in. I tried a week or so back and couldn't do squat. I've just been giving them time to try and sort things out.

Steelheart

·
32,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I'm just special. :) Get in and out with minor problems. Just staying away until things get sorted out. Until the train is back on the track there isn't anything worth going back for.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I regularly carry a 9x18 pa63,225-250 fpe easily.light for its age 21 oz,fits me fine as have small hands and 132pds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts