1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Type II. Diagnosed in 03
I wish you great health, if you need any support, don't be afraid to ask!
I am a Type 1 since 1967, still going( by the grace of God) and haven't had many
troubles yet........

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish you great health, if you need any support, don't be afraid to ask!
I am a Type 1 since 1967, still going( by the grace of God) and haven't had many
troubles yet........
Thanks a lot. I am not a very good patient. If I would lose weight I would improve a whole lot, but I like to eat and I am a goner around chocolate and donuts. I may have to be on insulin sometime soon, as the DOT is pressuring me to do so, but then I will lose my CDL.

I am fighting them. They are trying everything they can, using misinformation and also having several different people examine me when I go in, an each telling me something different. Like on says I need to use a C-pap, and others who say because I do not drive OTR...dont worry about using a C-Pap. Then one said I do not need a stress test until next year...but another person required me to get one before Jan 24. Now I have to go back and get the C-Pap machine re-registered with the VA because I discontinued that treatment 3 months ago. It has been a PITA but I have to work. I ain't no spring chicken but I can still earn my way if I can get a job.

PS Most of my dad's side of the family is diabetic and also heart disease is an issue...me too. Not bad heart problems...had a stent inserted in 06. Te stress test i just took said no peoblemo.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I get mine from Wal Mart.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a bad right knee and hip so one side is easy and the other is a real chore. I can get them on but very hard time with the right sock. If they are too tight I can't use them for that reason. But the ones I saw on the links I posted are cheap enough to at least try sight unseen.

Thanks for the links...I will give them a look.

I tried the rack thingy...does not help me a bit.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Thanks a lot. I am not a very good patient. If I would lose weight I would improve a whole lot, but I like to eat and I am a goner around chocolate and donuts. I may have to be on insulin sometime soon, as the DOT is pressuring me to do so, but then I will lose my CDL.

I am fighting them. They are trying everything they can, using misinformation and also having several different people examine me when I go in, an each telling me something different. Like on says I need to use a C-pap, and others who say because I do not drive OTR...dont worry about using a C-Pap. Then one said I do not need a stress test until next year...but another person required me to get one before Jan 24. Now I have to go back and get the C-Pap machine re-registered with the VA because I discontinued that treatment 3 months ago. It has been a PITA but I have to work. I ain't no spring chicken but I can still earn my way if I can get a job.

PS Most of my dad's side of the family is diabetic and also heart disease is an issue...me too. Not bad heart problems...had a stent inserted in 06. Te stress test i just took said no peoblemo.
Homebre243, the FMCSA does not yet require testing for Apnea. That's up to the physician or maybe your company. If you are not OTR and stay in your home state, you may be able to self certify as exempted intrastate. And you can also apply to the FMCSA for a variance if you do end up on insulin.
Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Homebre243, the FMCSA does not yet require testing for Apnea. That's up to the physician or maybe your company. If you are not OTR and stay in your home state, you may be able to self certify as exempted intrastate. And you can also apply to the FMCSA for a variance if you do end up on insulin.
Just some thoughts.
Thanks for the tip. I knew there were too many indians and the chief is out of town. I have gotten the run around at the dot doc and I raised hell the other day. I already self certify as an exempt intrastate driver. I did not know about the variance idea. Thanks...I will look into that.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just some thoughts.
I have been told that the FMCSA may not have that provision but the DOT does have a specific requirement that if the driver is shown to need the apnea test according to the 3 indicators he/she will be tested and if the driver suffers from sleep apnea, then the driver will be ordered to use a c-pap machine or forfeit the cdl. (I was told this, but I do not have a reference for the dot regulation. (BUT, I was also told the doctor can decide whether to enforce it.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts