Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a great website for ordering parts for cars. We used it many times in rebuilding cars and other stuff. Hope it helps you guys .

RockAuto Auto Parts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I have a great website for ordering parts for cars. We used it many times in rebuilding cars and other stuff. Hope it helps you guys .

RockAuto Auto Parts
Great info, Thanks for sharing. I have used them many times in the past and highly recommend them. Last year the dealership wanted $1200 to do the fuel pump on my 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. I got the part from Rock Auto, complete with pick up filter etc. on a close out sale, for $155 including FedEx. Then you get a discount code for future purchases. Sweet!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've ordered from RockAuto from time to time, and occasionally look for closeout sales.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
my truck breaks down so i have to go to oriellys cause i need it fixed now not tomorrow, though prices are way better than i pay

·
Super Moderator
35,510 Posts
I just visited O'Reilly's this morning for a battery for my Miata. They're the only ones I found with the AGM type unit which is important as it is located in the trunk. It was cheaper than the Westco battery I bought some 6 years ago and I ordered it on-line last night for store pickup. Rock Auto rings a bell and I think I may have bought brake parts from them in the past. Auto Parts Warehouse Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts, Truck Parts & Auto Body Parts Online - Free Shipping on most Auto Accessories & Performance Parts AutoPartsWarehouse is also a good on-line source.

It's kind of like your local gun shop however. If we buy on-line or at big box stores we may lose the benefit of having a place to stop in and have a brain to pick (or an OBD to use).

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
my truck breaks down so i have to go to oriellys cause i need it fixed now not tomorrow, though prices are way better than i pay
Tru Dat! I was lucky about the fuel pump, since the dealer had to order one and said he didn't know when he could even start the job. I was already in a rental car anyway, so another day for the part to ship was nothing. If you can plan ahead though, it'll help out. I've got tie rods, bushings etc. to do next. Already have twice as many parts for half the price to do the job myself. Just have to decide between time to work on the car, or range time. :D

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've found out of stock Motor mounts and a few other really hard to find parts I just thought I would bring it up to you guys as its done a great job of having hard to find parts that nobody even GM can get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts