·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This was actually pretty good. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
interesting.. not very scientific but impressive they're +P rated.. but i honestly expected shrapnel when they overcharged it on top of a bore obstruction.

i dont think my 92 would have survived the muck test either.. it sounded very gritty.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wouldn't do it to a gun I paid for, that's for certain. It's impressive that the 9mm hi point continued to function. Some of the best free advertising hi point has ever had.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I expected it to go boom after he took a piece of 7.62 Nagant brass and hammered it into the bore then shot a 50% overpower load through the gun. I read down the comments, the 380 they just flushed it out and it still functions to. I'd like to see a part two, actually I'd like them to keep doing other things to them until they both get destroyed just to see what actually DOES it cause if you listen to all the hi point haters online that pot metal slide should of went kaboom with the hot loads. I know I tell people looking for a very cheap entry level gun just to have one to get a hi point C9 and this makes me feel pretty good about recommending them over stuff like Jennings and phoenix. I'm shocked it functioned through all 10 rounds when the kid went "gangsta" these are known to jam if you limp wrist and with the way the ejection port is holding them like that you'd think would cause jams.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i've only shot mine.. but i did'nt think holding it sideways would jam it.. limp wrist ya.. but mine kicks spent brass out with authority.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fun and impressive to see. There's NOTHING wrong with a HP. My C-9 was my first actual HG purchase, and I couldn't be happier with it. It goes BOOM just like my other two (now three) pistolas do and it does it with some pretty surprising accuracy.
No love for the haters....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wonder how many high dollar guns wouldn't have made it through those tests?!
They still aren't my first choice, but the High Point looked impressive.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I love my hipoint carbine but i just cant handle carrying a brick of a pistol around but i am thinking about getting one for the truck after that video i seen a 9mm at the pawn shop today for $89.00 plus i get 10% of besides that lol

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
dannys_salvage said:
I love my hipoint carbine but i just cant handle carrying a brick of a pistol around but i am thinking about getting one for the truck after that video i seen a 9mm at the pawn shop today for $89.00 plus i get 10% of besides that lol
Great truck/car gun.It would be the only one I would'nt be upset about being stolen.I WOULD be upset if my 9mm carbine got stolen.I love that thing.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Part 2 of this tourture test got posted it looks like. They finally managed to kill this poor C9 off. Now to top it off they are going to send both the C9 and the CF380 back to hi point with a copy of these videos and their going to see what they will do.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
One of these days, if I can't come up with the money for that PT92 I've been drooling over...I might just spring for a C9.

I never read or hear anything detrimental about the Hi Points.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This was impressive. I have never been a fan of HI-Point weapons, mainly because they are ugly as a brick. I have always heard that they go bang every time, but the treatment that these guys put those guns through was just ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I can't wait to see how HP handles getting those guns back. I wonder if cutting the trigger guards off will void the warranty. I bet they replace them because of the hype around the videos. It would be great PR

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm friends with this dude on facebook, I guess they will run one more test, basically hammering the bulge in the barrel down to get the gun "functioning" again and shooting the snot out it with 150% over loaded rounds until it does go "kaboom".... THEN there going to send them back :D. Kinda blows it out of the water all the internet talk about how those pot metal slides just explode, if they did that C9 would of went kaboom a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MilProGuy said:
One of these days, if I can't come up with the money for that PT92 I've been drooling over...I might just spring for a C9.

I never read or hear anything detrimental about the Hi Points.
If you have a need for a truck gun or something you can have handy on you if your like out in the garage working under a car and don't care how scuffed up the thing gets, a C9 makes a good gun. I had one and the trigger was kinda rough but it was pretty accurate. If your good with a handgun you can go to your local range and piss off someone with a "Glawk" or Springfield in the lane next to you :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
One more comment... I think what made it so interesting and funny was the start where they said they couldn't get the trigger locks off so they sawed the trigger guards off...??? HOWEVER, I watch a couple of other videos by the smaller man that were nothing like the Hi Point video. Seems he's actually an Iraq vet, very verse in weapons.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gewepo said:
One more comment... I think what made it so interesting and funny was the start where they said they couldn't get the trigger locks off so they sawed the trigger guards off...??? HOWEVER, I watch a couple of other videos by the smaller man that were nothing like the Hi Point video. Seems he's actually an Iraq vet, very verse in weapons.
Yeah thats why I love his vids he's got a series on doing a parkerized finish on a Makarov I believe, he's actually a decent gunsmith and knows what he's talking about. Im going to laugh when hi point gives him a new gun for his warrenty and a free mag for his trouble. I think in the first video he didn't expect them to last as long as they did but these little ugly turds impressed the guy.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts