Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOURCE: Tractor trailer jumping 83 FEET 7 INCHES over a Formula 1 car in video | Daily Mail Online

Unbelievable footage of a tractor trailer jumping a record 83 FEET 7 INCHES over a Formula 1 car racing underneath
  • A tractor trailer driven by expert stuntman Mike Ryan jumped 83 feet and 7 inches over a Formula F1 car driven by Martin Ivanov
  • The courageous stunt was done to advertise a data management company called EMC Enterprise who does something tech related for for Formula 1
  • Both drivers have performed stunts for Hollywood Films like James Bond, The Bourne Identity, The Terminator, and The Fast and The Furious

By Alexandra Klausner for MailOnline

Published: 23:34 EST, 21 November 2014 | Updated: 08:10 EST, 22 November 2014

Stunt drivers risked death to break a world record this week for longest jump and they did it all in the name of advertising.

A tractor trailer driven by expert stuntman Mike Ryan jumped 83 feet and 7 inches over a Formula F1 car driven by Martin
Ivanov in a commercial for the data company EMC Enterprise.

Ryan is responsible for coordinating the terrifying stunt and he's lucky to be alive.

1416629900534_Image_galleryImage_image003_png.JPG
Before the jump: The Formula 1 car and the tractor trailer face off before the perilous stunt

Both drivers aren't new to testing race tracks and have performed stunts for Hollywood Films like James Bond, The Bourne Identity, The Terminator, and The Fast and The Furious.Published on Nov 21, 2014
Why jump a giant semi-truck over a speeding Formula 1 car? If you're EMC and Lotus F1 Team, it's a unique way to demonstrate how we "Redefine Motorsports," bringing the power of EMC technology to the Lotus F1 Team—and setting a world record in the process! Full video & special behind scenes footage: http://emc.com/LotusF1Team

Car and Driver reports that the courageous stunt was done to advertise a data management company called EMC Enterprise who does something tech related for For Formula 1.

The advertisement feels cinematic as it begins with a driver walking through the fog as he prepares to drive his vehicle before the record setting stunt.

The cars meet side by side until the tractor trailer makes it's way up a ramp and all the way over the Formula F1 car.

236310AB00000578-2845014-Death_defying_the_tractor_trailer_speeds_over_the_Formula_F_1_ca-1_1416.jpg
Groundbreaking: the tractor trailer jumps as the Formula 1 car drives beneath it in a record breaking stunt

236310B200000578-2845014-Death_defying_the_tractor_trailer_speeds_over_the_Formula_F_1_ca-2_1416.jpg
Death-defying: the tractor trailer speeds over the Formula F 1 car thought it could crush it at any moment​

The tractor trailer smashes back down towards the road and miraculously no one was harmed.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Fricking awesome!!

*schedule front alignment for truck

Reactions: tcox4freedom

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Phfffft! I saw a passenger bus jump a 50 foot section of missing highway overpass AND it had a bomb underneath it! :cool:

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I drove the Big Rigs for over 15 years and I thought I was supposed to keep all 18 wheels on the road!!! At times that was a big of a challenge as jumping cars.

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
I am not a mechanic or anything but I heard somewhere that doing that may be hard on the truck.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Phfffft! I saw a passenger bus jump a 50 foot section of missing highway overpass AND it had a bomb underneath it! :cool:
BIG screen, right?!
Had to pay to get in...

·
Registered
24,546 Posts
That is just plain nuts.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, there is one born every day!:shocked:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Just think about it a minute..... X amount of mass at X amount of velocity equals X amount of distance.

The only amount of unknown was how much it would cost to put the truck back together.

The whole thing was a dog and pony show, kind of like the hope and change thing so many people fell for 6 years ago!

Don

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
. Wile-E-Coyotes-card1.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I'd rather be in the truck than the race car.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Uhm, "Yah". I'm not a trucker, but I bet in those circumstances I'd be a better truck driver than a race car driver.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
no worries, piece of cake

·
Super Moderator
13,814 Posts
Uh, negatory on that there jump, Texas Deputy, that's a big 10-74*. Stand by for a 10-57** and a possible 10-79***.

(*=Negative; **=Hit and Run; ***=Notify Coroner)

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
The whole thing was a dog and pony show, kind of like the hope and change thing so many people fell for 6 years ago!
Don
Either that is the biggest stretch I have seen in my life or this tractor trailer stunt was done by a democrat.
Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

·
22,070 Posts
Death-defying: the tractor trailer speeds over the Formula F 1 car thought it could crush it at any moment​
Wrong. Once the truck left the ramp, there wasn't much that was going to change the next couple of seconds. The truck might have been able to crush the car "at any moment" if momentum too a brief holiday. If the car had misjudged where to make it's swerve, it could have gotten crushed, sure, but as long as the car makes it's swerve close enough to the ramp, the only question was how much the truck would get damaged, not where it might magically, randomly decide to return to terra firmula 1.

·
Super Moderator
13,814 Posts
I hope that, with all the physics factored into the equations, they remembered to compute for sufficient vertical cushioning for the truck driver at impact with terra firma.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts