Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I got a new Itch. I first really wanted a 3" 441 .44spc for carry and I still do but they are hard to find and I keep being talked into looking for a .44 Mag instead, just for the ability to use it for backpacking. So I've started to look at the 444 4" barrel.

- How big is the Raging frame really? does anyone have experience carrying it? I'm a bigger guy and carry anything from a 738 TCP to a full sized steel 1911 45. (PS: I would sew up my own holster, probably 5 o'clock OWB and a 3 o'clock IWB)

- What kind of loads is this .44 rated to? Does it say in the manual? I would feed it a steady diet of .44 spc reloaded wad-cutters. I'd shoot and carry some high pressure .44 spc defense loads, possibly +P. But once in a great while it would be fun to put some crazy hot buffalo bore stuff through it. Will the alloy lightweight frame handle it???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,127 Posts
I used to have a 441 3" barreled revolver. I sold it to a friend of mine, and I ask him to sell it back to me every time I see him. He has been avoiding me for a couple of years. :p

You shouldn't have any problems with any 44spc load in a 44 mag revolver. I used to hand load a 200gr bullet in 44 spc loads at 900 fps in the 441, and never had a problem. The 44 mag revolver should be able to handle a lot more than that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts