Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
5,686 Posts
Holly Cow!! This REALY upsets me! First of all the childs lunch box DID have a healthy lunch in it. Turkey n cheese sandwich, banana, apple juice and chips which was replaced by chicken(ish) nuggets!!??? Are you kidding me!? Chicken (barf) nuggets is now considered HEALTHY? I would have come unglued on that school and they would not have known what hit them by the time I was done. I think Mom needs to call a lawyer A.S.A.P!

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
If it were my kid, and "big bro" went through his or her lunch, there would truly be a come to Jesus. Ohhhhhhhhh yeah. For sure.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I am not sure where this nutritionist got her training but I am willing to bet that the home packed lunch was more nutritious than the chicken nuggets. It would have been one thing if the lunch only had cookies, chips and soda but this is a better balanced lunch than most kids get. You can bet I would be regularly attending the school board meetings with a fervor if this happened to me.

Reactions: MissKitty

·
5,686 Posts
I am not sure where this nutritionist got her training but I am willing to bet that the home packed lunch was more nutritious than the chicken nuggets. It would have been one thing if the lunch only had cookies, chips and soda but this is a better balanced lunch than most kids get. You can bet I would be regularly attending the school board meetings with a fervor if this happened to me.
Exactly, I give mom kudos for packing the fruit which most parents wont do. I agree, there could have been a lot worse in her bag than turkey and cheese for crying out loud. I would have made such a stink they would have had to have me physically removed.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Everything I want to say has swear words in it.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Of course they didn't like the healthy lunch! It didn't have the mind control chemicals in it like the cafeteria chicken nuggets! :D

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
And what makes some school employee an expert on healthy food to begin with?

Reactions: MissKitty

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I wonder what is in a chicken nugget? Prolly what they couldn't scrape up with a shovel on the first scrape to make chicken sausage? YUM!

·
10,379 Posts
Chicken nuggets? Seriously? I'm with MissKitty, they'd have had to call the law on me, oh wait that's right...I *have* had it happen...and they did try to trespass me. Turned out the meals I made my kids were being given to the "teachers" because they were so much better than what the food service provided, so the teachers were basically forcing my kids to swap lunches with 'em...f'ers.

Chicken nuggets are like the hotdogs of the chicken world...beaks, feet, and @$$, essentially all the chicken byproduct, grind it up to a paste, form it, bread it and bag it. I'm glad this lady actually took the time to make a healthy lunch for her kids and can't condemn the "school" enough for their actions.

Just goes to show...no good deed goes unpunished nowadays

ETA: Now that I've actually reached the bottom of the article where they show the school charging for the "missing food group" (what? grease is now a foodgroup?), looks like all it is is a revenue generator for the school.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
It's much more than a revenue generator and perhaps even more serious than some of us first thought.

Consider matters from the viewpoint of the little girl - and remember that children absorb lessons and the world around them without necessarily ever verbalizing the things that shape their thinking.

There must have been more to the sunstitute meal than the nuggets: the account I read said she ate only three nuggets and left the rest of the food untouched.
Wonder what her emotional state was as this psychodrama played out? Confused? Bewildered? Embarrassed? Hurt?
Does she now consider her mother unfit to prepare a healthy lunch?
Is she now conflicted, knowing she must eat The State's soylent green rather than home-cooked food?

Of course, the never-ending argument of The State is that "it's for the children".

Yes! It's for leaving the children ever more screwed-up than they would be if left alone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I cant beleive they can search their lunches and tell them they cant eat that. And then have the nerveto charge them for a lunch they think is healthier. Chicken nuggets? Really?

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
I was going to post this, And this is just as ridiculous as it goes and how far the government will go to control our lives. Ticked off is as light as I can go on describing what I feel about what happened.

Reactions: Divebum
1 - 16 of 16 Posts