Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and only came up with a few hits using the above title.

My problem is with a single 40 cal magazine I have for my 24/7 pro ds. if it is fully loaded the follower seems to come unseated and has a very nice jiggle to it. Removing the back I can see the spring compresses a tad differently then my other mag. Bowing out more twords the back of the mag, not compressing as nicely as the other one. I took it to the range last night and it works fine. After cleaning today I loaded and unloaded it several time and the bullets all pop out, altho I can say I noted different paths as far as height and direction. Probably due to bowing of the spring. Anyone else have this problem? Is this actually a problem? Any insight would be welcomed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am having an unresolved problem with the 10 round mag which came with my 24/7 G2 45 compact. It seems to misfeed after the 4th round of a full mag every time. Since I have NO issues whatsoever with any of three 12 round clips, it has to be something to do with the 10 round mag, but I can NOT figure it out. So, the good news is that although yours seemed to "bow" funny, it did at least feed correctly. I had run some searches on mag issues, feed issues and/or ejection issues, and there were various references to mags and/or mag springs in SOME of those threads. I will try to go back and see if I can find links for you.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I thought it said "follow her jiggle"... :D

I have one mag that has a small rectangular notch on the back side that the spring seemed to get pinched in. I had some FTFs/FTEs, and when I removed the mag, the follower had quit following. The follower was stuck a round down in the mag so the rounds had no pressure on them to feed. Usually a good smack got it going, but I sprayed some Rem Oil on the inside walls of the mag, and in the notch at the bottom and worked the spring a few time. No more problem. Considering all the other issues I've had with the trigger, I still haven't taken the time to tear down the mags, but haven't had the problem since. I guess it just needed some lube.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I do clean my mags after every range session. or 200 rounds. I spray a little bit of rem oil over the broken down mag and then wipe it off pretty decently.. I just want it to be slick and corrosive free.. not a greasy oily mess. I switched out the bullets of the mag in question to just my regular plinking bullets.. think its like 165 gr fp. and put my HD rounds in the other mag. No jiggle in either. Now the question is why does this certain mag jiggle with my HD rounds but not standard FP. Something is not quite right and I will be contacting Taurus later today.. They both feed and work so I could really just chalk it up in the "doesn't matter" column. But that's not who I am, especially with something as life changing as a fire arm.

I thought it said "follow her jiggle"... :D
Zylo. glad you got it working.
follow her jiggle. lol I always went after track girls myself.. not to say softball chicks didn't catch my fancy either.. I was a man of many tastes.. a connoisseur if you will =) Now I'm happily married after deciding on a fine wine that could quench any mans taste. I consider myself lucky. She does too.

Reactions: Zylo_X

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Congrats! I'll spare you my theory of how women are like pizza... It will be safer for both if we leave it at that. LOL :D

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
If you are going to lubricate your magazine with anything, use a dry lubricant like Graphite.

There are also some powdered Teflon lubricants.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are going to lubricate your magazine with anything, use a dry lubricant like Graphite.

There are also some powdered Teflon lubricants.
you know I was thinking about this the other day.. I said. "hmm I think a powder would be much much better for this." I use my toothbrush then a light mist of rem oil to collect the debris and then wipe it clean and dry. it works but does make me wounder about casing corrosion

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
A dry magazine will not corrode or rust under normal use. Oil is a dust magnet. Also don't shake your mags and they won't jiggle or rattle!

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also don't shake your mags and they won't jiggle or rattle!
well why didn't I think of that...guess there is no reason to call Taurus after all.. could you imagine that CS call..
(caller) "yea I got a problem, when I shake my magazine I hear the follower jiggle."

(cs tech) "uh well, don't shake your mag.."

Its just not when its shook. its any movement at all. The follower comes unseated, If I load it and holster it you can hear it moving around while im walking or in any change of position. Not very stealthy if Im CC or otherwise. So there is definitely a problem.

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
Boobs are a lot more fun to jiggle, try shaking these two

biden_obama.jpg

Reactions: Zylo_X and Jc85

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Boobs are a lot more fun to jiggle, try shaking these two

View attachment 20578
Nobody is a bigger supporter of boobs than I, however dem b hemorrhoids! :D
Good point about the dry lube. In the past, I've used graphite and dry molly, but at the range all I had in the bag was the Rem Oil. So far so good.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Should we ask MRS. Zylo what she thinks about that theory??? First we should ask if she knows anything about weapons though eh??? Hahaha.
Fortunately, there is no MRS Z. at this time. Who da thunk?! :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill pick some up my next gun shop trip.. thanks for the advice.

·
10,379 Posts
Ok, off the wall question...have you ever taken the mags apart? Reason I ask this is I took one of the mags for my Mossberg apart and accidentally put the spring in backwards...which caused almost exactly the same problem.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm wondering if the jiggling follower isn't rocking back forth across a single point or line in the mag. It should be snug against two suchpoints or lines, say like the lips or the guides at the top.

Just thinkin'.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts